Looking for opinions on GenRight aluminum fenders

Dave.R

'03 Tj and '06 LJR
Supporting Member
Looks are very subjective. I stuck a set on my TJ-6 to see how they looked, took them right back off. No one needs that much gap over their tires.
True, I'm also on 37's. I'm mostly going to swap to them for the extra space between the Tire and "Firewall" side of the fender.

I have the tub armor on and the step down from the body line on the hood to the fender just doesn't look great to me.

OP
Kooper

Kooper

Supporting Member
I have the 4" hi line front, non hi line rear. Used to have the non hi line front until I got 37's. Love the way they look.

Was looking into Poison Spider when I got them originally. Found they were having issues with 'cracking'. Then decided to stop making them instead of fixing the problem.

View attachment 241447
Interesting . . . I was looking into Poison Spyder initially myself; and their web site says they are available in Aluminum or Steel. I pinged them to ask about the Aluminum pricing and when they got back to me they only said they were discontinued due to poor sales volume.

mrblaine

Easter Bunny
Supporting Member
Interesting . . . I was looking into Poison Spyder initially myself; and their web site says they are available in Aluminum or Steel. I pinged them to ask about the Aluminum pricing and when they got back to me they only said they were discontinued due to poor sales volume.
Do you believe they would actually tell you they stopped building them due to a design flaw?

• Haha
Reactions: B00mb00m

Dave.R

'03 Tj and '06 LJR
Supporting Member
I had a set that I came up with before the GenRight ones and the finish was very poor. Cool idea but they seemed like a rushed product.
How well do aluminum fenders hold up to abuse?
I can’t speak for anything but the GenRight’s but they hold up pretty well to rubs and bouncing off trees. They have a tube edge not a folded over sheet material and hold up great.

Reactions: Brianj5600