Looking for some advice for my Jeep catalytic converter problems

CheechJeep

So i've had this jeep wrangler 2004 tj sport for about a year now and I want to fix the check engine light code P0432. I've been looking at different catalytic converters to replace the one that is not running right in my jeep, I'm just not sure which one to go with. I recently ordered 4 new O2 sensors and going to replace I was wondering if i should replace the O2 sensors and maybe the check engine light will go off. I'm new to working on jeeps and just need some opinions thank you guys.

If you’ve already ordered the sensors, you might as well install and see if that fixes it before spending more on new cats.

What brand did you order? I know there’s a thread around here with a recommendation as these Jeeps seem to be picky.

If the media is real bad it can damage the new downstream sensors-

An infrared thermometer can tell you if the cats are working and if they rattle they may be bad as well- you can also remove sensors and use a scope.

If it has any miles (over 70k) its likely time for all- it is really a service item.

I can’t remember the brand I got last.

Reactions: joelachr
. I recently ordered 4 new O2 sensors and going to replace I was wondering if i should replace the O2 sensors and maybe the check engine light will go off.

That code (usually) means the sensors have detected a problem.
Not that the sensors are bad. YRMV

So i've had this jeep wrangler 2004 tj sport for about a year now and I want to fix the check engine light code P0432. I've been looking at different catalytic converters to replace the one that is not running right in my jeep, I'm just not sure which one to go with. I recently ordered 4 new O2 sensors and going to replace I was wondering if i should replace the O2 sensors and maybe the check engine light will go off. I'm new to working on jeeps and just need some opinions thank you guys.
Hopefully you went with NTK brand sensors? Those are the OE versions for our TJs.

Reactions: joelachr
Not a TJ, but I had the same issue on my 2000 XJ which had the same manifold cat convertor/4 O2 sensor setup. I went with Walker cat convertors and NTK sensors and it was good for another 100k miles until I sold the Jeep.

Not a TJ, but I had the same issue on my 2000 XJ which had the same manifold cat convertor/4 O2 sensor setup. I went with Walker cat convertors and NTK sensors and it was good for another 100k miles until I sold the Jeep.

I used the Walkers and mopar sensors on my LJ so far so good. The pre cats were a bit longer dropped the pipe a bit maybe 1”

Thanks for the heads up do u have a link to the camera on Amazon to order?

My Milwaukee would not bend you need one that does a 90,
Thanks for the heads up do u have a link to the camera on Amazon to order?

my Milwaukee wouldn’t bend tight enough just get one that will bend pretty tight,top sensors are easy to get out

Had the same code earlier this year, and then all of a sudden it went away. I assume it was due to loose bolts that hold the flange ends together. I just got around to a bit of maintenance today on my tj and could turn each of those 4 bolts around 3/4 of a turn with little to no effort. If you haven't, give them a check!

Reactions: 707kevin
Had the same code earlier this year, and then all of a sudden it went away. I assume it was due to loose bolts that hold the flange ends together. I just got around to a bit of maintenance today on my tj and could turn each of those 4 bolts around 3/4 of a turn with little to no effort. If you haven't, give them a check!

Worth a try before I spend $600!!

Reactions: Morks

That would be enough to get some lube up there then your golden.but if you are changing the upper 02 anyway just stick a camera in there

Reactions: Morks