Looking for tips on how to replace camshaft

@twistedlv Yea, it's oe cps. @billiebob I am trying to get them to honor the vin specific recall that was issued for engines built between oct. 2004 - feb. 2005 for my Jeep. The recall says to replace the opda and the camshaft if the cam gear has been damaged. The Jeep has 96k on it.

Update: I brought my Jeep back to the dealership and showed them the pics of the cam gear and the opda drive gear. The service agent emailed Jeep corporate to get them to ok the "recall". Fingers crossed.

Reactions: twistedlv and Daryl
Had the same shop, Sierra Madre Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Monrovia California, take a "2nd" look and they still are saying the cam gear is fine. They said my problem is the engine wiring harness. This is the same thing they said when I brought the Jeep to them because it was stalling at stop lights, after having another shop take a look at it, it turned out to be a loose timing chain.

What do you mean by "the opda drive gear mating surface"? I thought the pictures I posted are the mating surfaces (gears), which seem like excessive wear.

Let me show you what excessive wear looks like! 😡

IMG_5253.jpeg

IMG_5254.jpeg

Reactions: Blondie70