Looking for TJ / LJ Dana 30, Dana 44, and Ford Dana 60 CAD files / scans

Fouledplugs

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
By chance, does anyone have CAD files/Scans of the TJ/LJ/XJ Dana 30 LP/HP, TJ/LJ Dana 44 LP, and or a Ford Dana 60 LP/HP and are willing to share? Any help would be appreciated.

Looking to help further the development of some axle armor for us Jeep owners.

Please do not share any copyrighted material.

F502B3A9-1963-473A-B956-E93207FC7FDC.jpeg
EC8B17AA-3C62-4673-B256-1C9D01E08102.jpeg

That's a long shot, but I hope someone might have some to share!

That's a long shot, but I hope someone might have some to share!
My next step may be to reach out to some of the local Jeep shops in the surroundIng area and solicit. Wonder if they might scan and hand me the files for a fee? Seems like a stretch. I have a few that might be willing, I just know it’s going to be one of those, “show up with the money in hand first and then plead my case,” type of moves.

Last edited:
I might reach out to some of the local Jeep shops in my surround area and solicit. Wonder if they might scan and hand me the files for a fee. I have a few that might be willing, I just know it’s going to be one of those, “show up with the money in hand first and then plead my case,” type of moves.

I'm sure you're right. Some of these companies undoubtedly have them. Of course like you said, they'll probably want you to pay them, especially if they think you're going to be potentially making money off them. On the flip side however, the TJ market isn't booming like the JK or JL market, so maybe they would just part with them knowing that they aren't going to sell as much TJ stuff anymore. Though I guess in the case of axles, they usually aren't TJ specific in all cases.

I'll look into if I can invert my 3D scanner and do a larger object.

Otherwise if you have good pictures with valid dimensions it can be CADed fairly easily. Sadly fusion 360 is no longer free as of yesterday.

Do you just need the pumpkin?

I'm sure you're right. Some of these companies undoubtedly have them. Of course like you said, they'll probably want you to pay them, especially if they think you're going to be potentially making money off them. On the flip side however, the TJ market isn't booming like the JK or JL market, so maybe they would just part with them knowing that they aren't going to sell as much TJ stuff anymore. Though I guess in the case of axles, they usually aren't TJ specific in all cases.
Oh I would bring them the pumpkins to scan. I figure the more work I do on the front end may help sell the idea.

Reactions: Chris
Who makes the housing? Spidertrax, Currie, RuffStuff, TrailGear?
I’m guessing it’s a rockcrawler application and not a drag racing application...
good question, i'm not 100% certain. i found a 2d technical drawing for the center chunk somewhere on pirate a few years back and modeled a 3d version for a class project then added tubes. I measured a set of spindles i had for a front application and copied something similar to what ruffstuff used to put front spindles/hubs on a semi-float housing to do a diy conversion