Looking to swap auto to manual

TheDukenasty

Is there anyone out there local interested in swapping trans? I have a 2006 unlimited with 83k and auto trans, would love to swap over to manual.
jeep wheels.jpg

Why do you want to convert to a manual transmission? By the way your tires don't have enough clearance, I'd either add a small amount of lift or run a smaller tire.

Why do you want to convert to a manual transmission? By the way your tires don't have enough clearance, I'd either add a small amount of lift or run a smaller tire.

I have come to understand that the automatic is coveted by those who go wheeling, however for this jeep I only intend on using it as a daily driver and prefer manual.
Thank you for the suggestion also, I have a 3" lift kit pending at the moment, I have to wait until I am no longer on call before I can install it.
Thanks!

Reactions: jjvw
Thank you for posting this, it is very helpful for understanding the size of the project.

Three days of actual work for the swap. Plus who knows how much planning and research done by @rasband before we showed up to help. It's a big big project that requires a huge amount of organization.

Reactions: rasband