Lower control arm horseshoe brackets?

Yekel07

Hey guys I’m ordering new control arm brackets from artec industries and it mentions a horseshoe bracket if needed. Is there any difference between the non horseshoe and horseshoe brackets? I’m not sure if it matters which ones to get or not. Attached is the picture of what I have now which is the horseshoe I’m guessing. Just want to make sure I order the correct one

B8FFF573-86B7-4AEF-952D-7C4E70D32AEE.jpeg

Artec brackets sit at a much steeper angle compared to stock, just an FYI.

The horseshoe only helps you correct caster a small amount with stock arms. Since it appears you have adjustable you are fine without.

The horseshoe will have a slotted hole like the OEM setup so a cam bolt could be used.

Reactions: Yekel07
Artec brackets sit at a much steeper angle compared to stock, just an FYI.

The horseshoe only helps you correct caster a small amount with stock arms. Since it appears you have adjustable you are fine without.
They aren’t adjustable....yet.......just finished putting on a Currie currentlync and when take to get aligned he showed me that which I didn’t even notice. So should I get the one with the horseshoe or without?

Correct.

You can also save money and beat that bracket straight again. If its broke, have them weld it back on.

They aren’t adjustable....yet.......just finished putting on a Currie currentlync and when take to get aligned he showed me that which I didn’t even notice. So should I get the one with the horseshoe or without?
The horseshoe bracket will work with your current fixed arms. It will also work with adjustable arms and some modified flat washers. If you pick up some adjustable arms then the non-horseshoe bracket will be fine. Do you plan to match the lower bracket on the other side? That would just drive the OCD me crazy...

The horseshoe bracket will work with your current fixed arms. It will also work with adjustable arms and some modified flat washers. If you pick up some adjustable arms then the non-horseshoe bracket will be fine. Do you plan to match the lower bracket on the other side? That would just drive the OCD me crazy...
Yeah I’m going to just do both haha it would drive me nuts too it warped pretty bad so I think I’m going to just upgrade to something a little sturdier I just spent like 700 dollars on the front end between the Currie system and new ball joints and such I don’t wanna cheat myself on flimsy brackets and hammer them back straight I’d rather just do it and be done with it ya know. Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it

Solid arms with bushings that won’t flex will do that. It’s too bad the companies selling these arms don’t tell you that.

Once you beef up the brackets you likely won't have problems with solid bushings - I haven't in about 7 years and I beat the shit out of my Jeep. I have had to replace bushings twice though. I did the math and it's about $100 to rebuild my poly arms versus however much a new set of arms with johnny joints or heims costs. These obviously don't flex as well but I haven't been stymied by that yet.