Lower control arms bolts

RHanna

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’m installing the aluminum savvy control arms and it seems the lower arm bolts are too short. Has anyone had this problem?
The frame side barely clears the locking part of the nut (which I’m worried isn’t enough) and the axle doesn’t get that close. Kind of frustrating considering I have a Currie rear axle.

I’m installing the aluminum savvy control arms and it seems the lower arm bolts are too short. Has anyone had this problem?
The frame side barely clears the locking part of the nut (which I’m worried isn’t enough) and the axle doesn’t get that close. Kind of frustrating considering I have a Currie rear axle.
Rhanna,
Have you gotten anywhere with this? I just ordered the same control arms. I am about to order the DPG off-road OME ultimate kit and this is the first post Ive seen about these arms. Just want to get ahead of any issues.
Thx.

Excess thread protruding from the nut just invites damage to the threads from rocks etc.. So long as the nut's threads are fully engaged the bolt length is fine and indeed the bolt length sounds perfect to me.

Rhanna,
Have you gotten anywhere with this? I just ordered the same control arms. I am about to order the DPG off-road OME ultimate kit and this is the first post Ive seen about these arms. Just want to get ahead of any issues.
Thx.
I reused the bolts that were with the rubicon express arms and some red loctite. They were the same grade bolts that the savvy arms came with just a normal nut.