Lower Jeep interior temps

if I ever take my dash out I’ll be sure to do it. But don’t see my dash coming out anytime soon

you can fit some as best you can without removing the dash. I find the grommet for the steering shaft to be a vacuum line for heat when driving as well.

yes factory exhaust

If it hasn't been replaced, it could be the stock old one. Once I get the exhaust sorted out 100% i will also wrap the S pipe from the header down to the cat. There should still be plenty of radiant heat in the winter for the oil pan if needed.

you can fit some as best you can without removing the dash. I find the grommet for the steering shaft to be a vacuum line for heat when driving as well.

If it hasn't been replaced, it could be the stock old one. Once I get the exhaust sorted out 100% i will also wrap the S pipe from the header down to the cat. There should still be plenty of radiant heat in the winter for the oil pan if needed.

i might try to fit some in behind the dash then. I’m installing the carpet tomorrow and will have to see how that goes first

My first task will be the hard top because that's where I'm feeling the heat from that blasted Florida sun. After that, I'll see where objectionable heat comes from.

Reactions: Ephry73
My first task will be the hard top because that's where I'm feeling the heat from that blasted Florida sun. After that, I'll see where objectionable heat comes from.

I go back and forth on hardtops. Personally I just don’t like the way they look for the TJ’S the jk style hardtops have a lot more options sadly. But the hardtops would be much better insulation and readily available headliners.

I go back and forth on hardtops. Personally I just don’t like the way they look for the TJ’S the jk style hardtops have a lot more options sadly. But the hardtops would be much better insulation and readily available headliners.
I'll probably go with the "hot head". Seems well made and easy to install. Its down on "the list" a bit though.

For me, what’s helped a huge amount is roof insulation, tinted windows, and footwell insulation lining as far up on the firewall as I can get it under the dash where the carpet doesn’t cover. I’m about to put in a new engine and while the bay is empty, I’m going to put reflective insulation on the engine side of the firewall.
I also stuffed the center console with house insulation.

Closed cell foam is more efficient than open cell for heat insulation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ephry73
X2 Noico from Amazon. Throw a layer of that down and then replace your carpet. I used the 80 mil on my 79 chevy C20 and it made a world of difference. Plus, its affordable!

• Dislike
Reactions: eastbloc
X2 Noico from Amazon. Throw a layer of that down and then replace your carpet. I used the 80 mil on my 79 chevy C20 and it made a world of difference. Plus, its affordable!

x3 on another Noico nonsense. It will do jack shit for lowering temps

I installed the carpet with heat barrier and it helps...then my AC shit the bed. So can’t give a full review yet haha.

trust me I know I have the worlds hottest setup for my inside but wanted to see if anyone does anything to make the interior of there Jeep a little cooler.

I have a all black Jeep with a black soft top and no carpet. It’s hot as the devils insides as you would assume. I just got my AC in perfect working order and changed from the neoprene seat covers to some bartact seat covers ( amazing) and I ordered the front carpet from bedtred it will be here on Monday. But I’m wondering if anyone has any other ways to help cool down a all black Jeep in 100degree Florida heat.
( I take my doors off when I can but rain is unpredictable in Florida so I leave them on unless blue sky’s)
I just tackled this on my Tj.

Did NOICO 150 on the whole tub.

Did weather tech mat in the cargo area. Adding bedrug to the front now.

Do your feet get hot??? If so u xheck the rubber boot between the firewall and under the steering wheel? Turns into a 220 degree heater down there.

x3 on another Noico nonsense. It will do jack shit for lowering temps

I disagree. I notice a significant decrease in the radiant temps from the floorboard. I used the noico 80 topped with the 170 foam. Same carpet before and after installation. My feet used to sweat bad even with the AC on floor. no longer an issue.

I disagree. I notice a significant decrease in the radiant temps from the floorboard. I used the noico 80 topped with the 170 foam. Same carpet before and after installation. My feet used to sweat bad even with the AC on floor. no longer an issue.
Agreed.

My entire floor tub and my transmission tunnel used to turn into a rradiator. So hot.

I used the red backed noico 150. Way better now.

are you guys complaining it's hot where you are? It's going to be 105 degrees or above for at least the next ten days

fHNnTOK.png

and I also have a black Jeep
wV8gk3P.jpg

Agreed.

My entire floor tub and my transmission tunnel used to turn into a rradiator. So hot.

I used the red backed noico 150. Way better now.

170 and 150 foam is not the same as 80mil butyl that other guy is referring to. Two absolutely different things when it comes to controlling temperatures.
Get your facts straight before spreading agreements or disagreements

Just as quickly as you will go into hiding after someone reads into your comments, makes a purchase base of it, realizes that it was a waste of money and then presents you with a bill for his wasted money and time.
Got it.. i should have specified that I used the "red backed 150".

Oh I did...

I think the confusion is that butyl is just to add mass to deaden sound, whilst foam is for temperature insulation. The pockets of trapped gas in foam is what slows heat transfer, while the mass of butyl lowers sound wave transfer.

Just as quickly as you will go into hiding after someone reads into your comments, makes a purchase base of it, realizes that it was a waste of money and then presents you with a bill for his wasted money and time.

So you send bills to people on the forum based off their advice? People from Florida are so weird.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Zorba and eastbloc