Maine Jeep Trip

Serbonze

TJ Neophyte
Supporting Member
Last week I flew to Maine for a two day celebratory Jeep weekend. This trip got me experience on terrain that we don't have in Florida (mountains, boulders, gravel wash-outs, etc) and with a different Jeep (his is manual with an Atlas transfer case and lockers vs my auto with open diffs).

Prepping at the house.
image.jpeg

It took awhile to get comfortable with the manual transmission and separate controls for front and rear diffs.
image.jpeg

Bath shipyards had two LCSs.
image.jpeg

Jeep graveyard. Everyone met at this guy's property.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I thought this rig was a bit dangerous with no rollover protection.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I was in love with this rig.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

One of the pictures of us.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The climb to the top of this mountain was the most difficult trail that I've ever encountered, and well worth the effort. Honestly, it was exilerating and eye opening to see what these rigs can do. This is where we stopped for lunch.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: FTI76 and Chris
Nice trip and nice pic's. I love Maine, it's a great place to wander around especially along the coast. And you cannot beat the roadside Lobster rolls.

Reactions: Stinger
Last time we were up there we stopped at an out of the way Lobster Warf that served the public on the roof at picnic tables. A 5lb steamed lobster with corn on the cob was $15.

Last time we were up there we stopped at an out of the way Lobster Warf that served the public on the roof at picnic tables. A 5lb steamed lobster with corn on the cob was $15.
We really need to get back up there. I seriously need a lobster fix. Try the factory outlet stores in Freeport. LLBean has a 4 story store that is open 24 hours a day. Seriously!

Last week I flew to Maine for a two day celebratory Jeep weekend. This trip got me experience on terrain that we don't have in Florida (mountains, boulders, gravel wash-outs, etc) and with a different Jeep (his is manual with an Atlas transfer case and lockers vs my auto with open diffs).

Prepping at the house.
View attachment 5721

It took awhile to get comfortable with the manual transmission and separate controls for front and rear diffs.
View attachment 5722

Bath shipyards had two LCSs.
View attachment 5723

Jeep graveyard. Everyone met at this guy's property.View attachment 5725 View attachment 5726

View attachment 5727 View attachment 5728

I thought this rig was a bit dangerous with no rollover protection.
View attachment 5729 View attachment 5730 View attachment 5731 View attachment 5732 View attachment 5733

I was in love with this rig.
View attachment 5734
View attachment 5735

One of the pictures of us.
View attachment 5736 View attachment 5737 View attachment 5738

The climb to the top of this mountain was the most difficult trail that I've ever encountered, and well worth the effort. Honestly, it was exilerating and eye opening to see what these rigs can do. This is where we stopped for lunch.
View attachment 5739 View attachment 5740 View attachment 5741 View attachment 5742

Got an address for the jeep graveyard. I saw some things that I gotta have!!!!

Two year old bump lol!!

I’m actually in the planning stages of going out there in August again. I tried last year but got stuck in the Philadelphia airport and missed the entire trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: YellaTJ and Chris
The annual club ride is in Bethel. That ride two years ago was to celebrate my father's successful completion of chemotherapy. It was a tough two days since he was very tired, but it did benefit me though because I drove almost the entire trip and got to experience a lot of new (to me) terrain.

Last year was a cluster. I was scheduled to fly up two days early to spend some time with my mom before the Jeep trip. I got to Philly, and my connecting flight was delayed, then delayed some more, and then finally cancelled at 10:30pm. There were no seats on any airline for two days, so I ended up spending the night in Philly and flying back home to Florida the next morning.

Portland is just about fifteen minutes from their house, but with the travel issues that I've had getting up there I've decided that if I can I'm going to start flying direct into Manchester even though it's an hour and a half away.

I am actually heading to Maine tomorrow for the first time....unfortunately not in my TJ. We are meeting up with my parents in Booth Bay Harbor while they are touring the area.
Funny. I'm headed up to Maine tomorrow from Boston. Two day project in Camden.