Manual to auto swap - fires but won’t run

You are most likely going to just run the battery down until you get it figured out. Not to overlook the obvious but make sure that tank has fuel.
Thanks. I put five gallons in the new tank. Pump is running and and plenty fuel and pressure at shrader (sp?) valve on fuel rail.

keeping the odyssey batter on charger to keep topped off.

thanks again.

That isn't the OPDA, that is the top of the camshaft synchronizer. When you put up a code, put the description with it so we don't have to go look it up.
My apologies. Should have done that in the beginning. I may have terms all screwed up.

shows a third code now. Attached are pics.

thanks

361B0455-57C8-4240-B5EC-3EB973E6B173.jpeg

967C4C6A-DC6C-4CA0-8AC6-011306859C43.jpeg

36E103CF-23AC-4150-905F-852DA829170C.jpeg

My apologies. Should have done that in the beginning. I may have terms all screwed up.

shows a third code now. Attached are pics.

thanks

View attachment 256708

View attachment 256709

View attachment 256710
There is a link to the FSM on here. Find it and go down the diagnostic tree for the codes to see what it says it may be. When my helper gets here, we'll do the same. That is how we found that a code on the 05-06 for one thing may be another sensor.

Will do. Working in the shop from my phone at the moment but I’ll get my laptop from the house here shortly and see what I can find.

thanks for your patience and help.
There is a link to the FSM on here. Find it and go down the diagnostic tree for the codes to see what it says it may be. When my helper gets here, we'll do the same. That is how we found that a code on the 05-06 for one thing may be another sensor

Okay I don't know if this is different on the 4.0 or not but on the Dodge magnum V-8 if you swap from a manual to an automatic you have to change the crank position sensor as they are different lengths. So maybe check the part numbers between the two?

So if I follow the fsm for p0340:

step 1 - it returns - go to 2
Step 2 - yes, k7 measures 5.13 volts, go to 3
Step 3 - no, k44 also measures 5.13 volts, go to 6
Step 6 - no- I get no voltage on K44, go to 7
Step 7 - I get nothing between k44 at the camp and the pcm

so based on that broken wire?

Okay I don't know if this is different on the 4.0 or not but on the Dodge magnum V-8 if you swap from a manual to an automatic you have to change the crank position sensor as they are different lengths. So maybe check the part numbers between the two?
Just checked. Comes back as correct part. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman
So if I follow the fsm for p0340:

step 1 - it returns - go to 2
Step 2 - yes, k7 measures 5.13 volts, go to 3
Step 3 - no, k44 also measures 5.13 volts, go to 6
Step 6 - no- I get no voltage on K44, go to 7
Step 7 - I get nothing between k44 at the camp and the pcm

so based on that broken wire?
Well. Not sure my probe is getting down into the pcm plug. I’m not getting anything on all three cam position wires to the pcm plug. 🤷‍♂️

Be careful forward probing connectors without a proper test lead. Never force a meter tip lead into any connector. You can use a paper clip or needle if you don’t have any better test leads.

Reactions: Wildman
Thanks Lou,

I did find a paper clip with a nice fit. Still not getting anything. Meter zeros out when I touch the leads together but when I run from pcm plug to cam plug I get nothing. May be user error. 🙄
Be careful forward probing connectors without a proper test lead. Never force a meter tip lead into any connector. You can use a paper clip or needle if you don’t have any better test leads.

Yes the crankshaft position sensor is different for an automatic vs. manual transmission.

Are you sure you are on the right pcm connector?
Yes, black plug per the fsm. However it looks identical from top or bottom. When I flipped the plug over and counted holes I started getting readings. So like I said before. Likely user error. Gave up for today. Going to start fresh tomorrow.

So just for kicks tried different:

crank sensor
Cam sensor
Computer

none changes anything. Cam shaft synchronizer is rotating but wondering if I should put to TDC and swap it out with another.

unless it’s a bad wire. Cam sensor is getting signal. Getting cross eyed looking at plug diagrams. Breaking for now.