MasterTop Windjammer Review

KimsJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Just thought I would do a little review on my MasterTop Windjammer. I wasn't sure where this should go though, here or in the "Gear" section. So please move it if this is the wrong forum. :D

Here is the link to the windjammer, https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/zip-down-windstopper-80-06-jeep-cj-wrangler-yj-tj

I bought it because I go to work at 1am in the mornings and sometimes it can be pretty chilly, and I want to be able to leave the top down or off. I was hoping the windjammer would make it so I can have the top off and still be comfortable. Today I got to test it out.

Yesterday it was nice and warm so I took the windows and door uppers off and had the sunroof back. This morning it was pretty chilly when I left to go get my coffee and do a little shopping. I thought I would be ok but I found myself to cold. I turned around to go home and put the door uppers on. Well, it started raining on the way home, so when I got there I ended up putting it all back on. LOL Then around lunch time it was warm enough to take off the windows and roll the back window up. I went to get get some lunch and decided to test out things with the uppers on and sunroof closed. It was pretty darn comfortable. Not much wind came in from the back at all. Remember, back side windows were out and back window rolled up. After I got my lunch, I decided to test it with the uppers still on and sunroof open. It let a little more wind in, but still not bad. I could go with my hair down with no hat, so I consider that not too windy. It did blow around a little, and for longer runs I would prefer to have a hat on, or at least have my hair in a pony tail. Still, very doable.

We took it on the freeway with the uppers on and sunroof open and it did a great job at keeping the wind down. You can actually feel the wind pushing it into the seats. So it does it's job well. I also like the zip down window it has. I am able to put it down when I do have to top closed up or I can just unzip it a little when the top is down to let a little wind in.

Well worth the money. It is going to make it so much nicer to go to work in the early chilly mornings. Then when I get off work, all I have to do is remove the uppers, put the sunroof back and drive home. :D

Pic shows it with the window folded down behind the seats. I put a soft blanket on it to keep the seats from scratching it too much. LOL
3NtK1fTfS0+yEKiKgvwUTw.jpg