Meanwhile, on a highway outside Chicago

Why do you care about their bad behavior?

Should we not care? Should we have no reaction?

Btw, I am well versed in the near lawlessness of Chicago traffic. You can spend every minute of every trip getting worked up over bad behavior if you wanted to. Still, I will argue that some bad behaviors are more recklessly disruptive than others. Weaving in and out of traffic at high speed is recklessly disruptive bad behavior and those that do earn what happens to them, even if the white car is also in the wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: derekmac
If citizens have the right to bear arms and defend themselves at all times, most are reluctant to do stupid stuff like that.

In Texas I always assume that the other guy has a gun tucked in his car (or in his motor bike saddle).

Last edited:
Should we not care? Should we have no reaction?

Btw, I am well versed in the near lawlessness of Chicago traffic. You can spend every minute of every trip getting worked up over bad behavior if you wanted to. Still, I will argue that some bad behaviors are more recklessly disruptive than others. Weaving in and out of traffic at high speed is recklessly disruptive bad behavior and those that do earn what happens to them, even if the white car is also in the wrong.
I attended college in Germany for a while. If people here drove like they did there road rage would be reduced.

I dislike highway hall monitors.

Reactions: Mumblewood
I attended college in Germany for a while. If people here drove like they did there road rage would be reduced.
Do they have conceal and carry like Texas where everything is great?

I dislike highway hall monitors.

I'm mostly not a fan of highway hall monitors, either. But I ask again, how is bad behavior in society discouraged? The cops?

To quote HRC out of context, "it takes a village". ;)

Do they have conceal and carry like Texas where everything is great?

I'm mostly not a fan of highway hall monitors, either. But I ask again, how is bad behavior in society discouraged? The cops?

To quote HRC out of context, "it takes a village". ;)
If you are in the fast lane people will ride your ass honking and flashing lights.

“Bad behavior” is discouraged when the motorcyclist is a ketchup spot on the road.

I loved having a bike and I had no problem riding 150+ it was fun. Then I decided I’d likely punch my ticket too soon doing that and got a car to replace it.

The only time I got pulled over in the car the officer said “I had you doing 92 out the front and a hell of a lot faster out the back” I got a ticket for 80 mph and thanked him.

Just within the last couple weeks I had my car out and pissed off a Hummer while merging onto interstate. I did nothing but pull away from him, very rapidly on the ramp. He then tried the old I’ll swerve halfway into your lane trick then proceeded to follow me off at the next ramp, passed me on the shoulder, swerved sideways in front of me, stopped in the middle of the lane, opened his door and started yelling. All because he couldn’t keep up on an on-ramp???

The idiot in the car could have ruined his own life as well as his family's if he caused a fatal accident. The bikes were not innocent, but not trying to cause bodily harm.

Neither side of the fight was in the right. Both sides were populated by some form of idiot. The bikes instigated the event with their behavior. From what I gather in this thread, if this had occurred in Texas, the guys on the bikes would behave in traffic out of fear of being shot. It takes a village?

I rode a Ninja 600 for 5 years when I was in my 20s here in Houston. Not as much traffic but plenty. And there was a helmet law at the time. I bought the bike slightly used from an ER doctor of all people. My dad drove me down to Galveston to pick up the bike and ride home. Got a good lecture from the Dr before he handed me the keys. Never once had any issues with other drivers, I always always kept my distance, stayed in view of the mirrors, etc. What got me to stop having fun was shit in the road like retreads, rocks flying past your head, etc. Believe it or not, out of nowhere once a can of Green Giant vegetables sailed past me on the highway. It was like slo motion and I had no idea where it came from.

As others have said, both sides share the burden of douchebagery. That said, I've been on both sides of this situation in cars and on motorcycles and the best thing to do IMO is to let them go. Period. When you do that, they're gone, out of your hair and won't(and didn't) cause any harm. Call 911 if it makes you feel better.

The guys on the bikes(this happens with fast cars too) are defiantly engaging in a very high risk and illegal activity, that's on them. The people in the cars are committing assault. When driving a car or riding a motorcycle one must be aware of what's behind you as well as what's in front and to the sides. I've been in similar situations a handful of times: driving along, usually above the speed limit, and see a car(s) or moto(s) coming up fast behind me shooting the gaps in traffic. I simply hold my place, steady speed, stay in lane (unless my moving OUT of their way is safe) and somehow magically(insert sarcasm) they're gone. I'm not mad because they're not riding my ass and they're not mad because I'm holding them up. Everybody's happy. This applies to left lane bandits too, same thing only slower.

For those that don't ride motorcycles or are inexperienced; it's safer for a guy on a MC to ride a little faster than traffic as it's dangerous to be static to the flow of traffic because it's almost impossible to stay out of blind spots. That will get you injured or killed on a MC. Secondly, the guy on the motorcycle(or car for that matter) is not "cutting you off" if you didn't have to brake,slow or swerve. Notice I said HAVE to, if you're paying attention to your surroundings and weren't caught off guard you probably don't have to make any changes to your driving.

I realize I've gone past the scope of the video to some extent but I'm very passionate about riding motorcycles and after hundreds of thousands of miles commuting I've learned a few things about survival.

Reactions: Reign Mack
As others have said, both sides share the burden of douchebagery. That said, I've been on both sides of this situation in cars and on motorcycles and the best thing to do IMO is to let them go. Period. When you do that, they're gone, out of your hair and won't(and didn't) cause any harm. Call 911 if it makes you feel better.

The guys on the bikes(this happens with fast cars too) are defiantly engaging in a very high risk and illegal activity, that's on them. The people in the cars are committing assault. When driving a car or riding a motorcycle one must be aware of what's behind you as well as what's in front and to the sides. I've been in similar situations a handful of times: driving along, usually above the speed limit, and see a car(s) or moto(s) coming up fast behind me shooting the gaps in traffic. I simply hold my place, steady speed, stay in lane (unless my moving OUT of their way is safe) and somehow magically(insert sarcasm) they're gone. I'm not mad because they're not riding my ass and they're not mad because I'm holding them up. Everybody's happy. This applies to left lane bandits too, same thing only slower.

For those that don't ride motorcycles or are inexperienced; it's safer for a guy on a MC to ride a little faster than traffic as it's dangerous to be static to the flow of traffic because it's almost impossible to stay out of blind spots. That will get you injured or killed on a MC. Secondly, the guy on the motorcycle(or car for that matter) is not "cutting you off" if you didn't have to brake,slow or swerve. Notice I said HAVE to, if you're paying attention to your surroundings and weren't caught off guard you probably don't have to make any changes to your driving.

I realize I've gone past the scope of the video to some extent but I'm very passionate about riding motorcycles and after hundreds of thousands of miles commuting I've learned a few things about survival.
I’ve never understood the people who don’t want to get passed, I welcome people who want to go faster than me because they can draw the cops attention before I do.

Reactions: matkal
I don’t want to be a meat crayon.

I'm disturbed that your statement made me hungry.

If you are in the fast lane people will ride your ass honking and flashing lights.

“Bad behavior” is discouraged when the motorcyclist is a ketchup spot on the road.

I loved having a bike and I had no problem riding 150+ it was fun. Then I decided I’d likely punch my ticket too soon doing that and got a car to replace it.

The only time I got pulled over in the car the officer said “I had you doing 92 out the front and a hell of a lot faster out the back” I got a ticket for 80 mph and thanked him.

Just within the last couple weeks I had my car out and pissed off a Hummer while merging onto interstate. I did nothing but pull away from him, very rapidly on the ramp. He then tried the old I’ll swerve halfway into your lane trick then proceeded to follow me off at the next ramp, passed me on the shoulder, swerved sideways in front of me, stopped in the middle of the lane, opened his door and started yelling. All because he couldn’t keep up on an on-ramp???

Given everything you said before your final paragraph, I sincerely doubt you were as innocent as you portrayed yourself in that confrontation.

Reactions: jjvw
I'm disturbed that your statement made me hungry.

Given everything you said before your final paragraph, I sincerely doubt you were as innocent as you portrayed yourself in that confrontation.
Your doubts would be wrong, I did nothing but accelerate very fast down an on-ramp. Had I done more, no hummer would have caught up.

To be honest, the bikers started this "show off" kind of attitude.

This reminded me about the incident in New York back in 2013 - some speeding bikers ran across with an SUV and being taunted by group of road raged bikers swerving in and around him and when they caught up on the SUV near a traffic light they dragged the driver out of his car. Turned out it was coerced by an asshole undercover cop and was found guilty.

Last edited:
This reminded me about the incident in New York back in 2013 - some speeding bikers ran across with an SUV and being taunted by group of road raged bikers swerving in and around him and when they caught up on the SUV near a traffic light they dragged the driver out of his car. Turned out it was coerced by an asshole undercover cop and was found guilty.

Was that the incident where the guy drove off in a panic and ended up running over one of the bikers?

Was that the incident where the guy drove off in a panic and ended up running over one of the bikers?
Yup.

We have a lot of bikers in the south but they don't act that way. We respect each other (because we have open carry law) and stand our ground all the time. So there are no bullies.

Yup.

We have a lot of bikers in the south but they don't act that way. We respect each other (because we have open carry law) and stand our ground all the time. So there are no bullies.
I don’t think carry has much if anything to do with it

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/tra...wn-southlake-highway-when-stunts-cause-crash/

Up to 100 bikers shut down Southlake highway when stunts cause crash
At least one motorcyclist was injured in a crash on State Highway 114 near the border with Grapevine.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb