Meanwhile, on a highway outside Chicago

There's douche-baggery there amongst all parties.

However, being a motorcycle rider myself, if you did that to me in your car, you'd have my fist in your face.

Reactions: matkal
However, being a motorcycle rider myself, if you did that to me in your car, you'd have my fist in your face.

Not making an excuse for the maniac in the car, but this video is only 45 seconds long.

I’m reasonably sure the extended version of this video would show a much different story than what happened in this small window.

This is why you don’t act like a douchebag on the road. You don’t know the mental state of other motorists. Check out the comments: lots of hard-asses claiming they would’ve “lit up” the car.

I ride myself, and I’m smart enough to know that I’m a lot squishier than anyone riding around in a cage.

Reactions: KMET
Not making an excuse for the maniac in the car, but this video is only 45 seconds long.

I’m reasonably sure the extended version of this video would show a much different story than what happened in this small window.

This is why you don’t act like a douchebag on the road. You don’t know the mental state of other motorists. Check out the comments: lots of hard-asses claiming they would’ve “lit up” the car.

I ride myself, and I’m smart enough to know that I’m a lot squishier than anyone riding around in a cage.

I'm certain you're right. There's two sides to every story, and this video is too short to detail that.

There's no reason to act like an idiot on the road at all, even if someone does cut you off. The smart thing to do is cool your jets and just move on.

On a motorcycle, the best thing you can do is be a defensive rider and always, always be scanning the road way ahead of you.

Are you suggesting that you can't trust 45 seconds of edited video from only one perspective? Madness!

On a motorcycle, the best thing you can do is be a defensive rider and always, always be scanning the road way ahead of you.

The first time I commuted to the city on my bike, some woman cut me off at the 90/94 merge on the city’s northwest side. She didn’t even look, had no idea whatsoever that I was there. It was unsettling, to say the least.

You guys that ride those things around the city are insane. Its like bumper cars in there at the best of times. The idiot in the Jetta trying to kill you is the least of your concerns. At least you know where he's coming from.

Reactions: Chris
The first time I commuted to the city on my bike, some woman cut me off at the 90/94 merge on the city’s northwest side. She didn’t even look, had no idea whatsoever that I was there. It was unsettling, to say the least.

Yeah, you have to be careful as hell on a motorcycle, especially these days since there are so many distracted drivers on the road (which is arguably worse than drunk drivers). I've been in some close calls myself, which has made me a lot better rider of anything.

Yeah, you have to be careful as hell on a motorcycle, especially these days since there are so many distracted drivers on the road (which is arguably worse than drunk drivers). I've been in some close calls myself, which has made me a lot better rider of anything.

This was a commute on a Sunday afternoon, too. I figured it was the safest, as it’s usually the least amount of traffic. Except for this instance, I was mostly correct.

Once this COVID crap is over, a friend wants to ride Lake Shore Drive. We’re going to wait until a Sunday night. The streets are practically empty then.

This was a commute on a Sunday afternoon, too. I figured it was the safest, as it’s usually the least amount of traffic. Except for this instance, I was mostly correct.

Once this COVID crap is over, a friend wants to ride Lake Shore Drive. We’re going to wait until a Sunday night. The streets are practically empty then.

I keep thinking that now is the best time ever to ride. There's hardly anyone on the road. Every time I go out driving it's empty streets. Unfortunately I don't have a bike right now since we are in the process of moving, so that's the only thing holding be back from some amazing riding!

I keep thinking that now is the best time ever to ride. There's hardly anyone on the road. Every time I go out driving it's empty streets. Unfortunately I don't have a bike right now since we are in the process of moving, so that's the only thing holding be back from some amazing riding!

Would like to get out for a ride myself, just been either to cool or to wet this spring down here. Had a nice day last week but was in the middle of something. Bikes are all clean, charged and covered in the garage, maybe next week when it drys out and warms up a bit.

There are some nice rides into Mexico you can do after getting settled in.

Reactions: Chris
I remember back in the day when the fireman actually rode on the back of the truck, they would carry marbles with them. If someone followed too close they would toss one off and it would shatter on impact when it hit the windshield.

I've wondered this for a long time. When asshole bikers get confronted like this for riding like assholes in thick traffic (as we know happens all too often), what is their take away from the encounter?