Measurement Request—Body to Frame Reference

jjvw

useless stäff member
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Can several people post this same pic? I am trying to see relationship of the body to the frame on the horizontal plane.

20200503_110300.jpg

On mine, the flat spot at the base of the grill face is centered over the rear most sway bar bolt on the frame. Where is yours?

A ruler is not needed for this. Just a flat stick that shows the relationship between the grill face and the frame bolt.

Last edited:
That bolt isn't in the same place on every frame. I'd estimate that it can move up to 1/4".

That bolt isn't in the same place on every frame. I'd estimate that it can move up to 1/4".

That's no help. What's a good pair of references between the body and frame? Preferably one that I haven't cut off yet.

That's no help. What's a good pair of references between the body and frame? Preferably one that I haven't cut off yet.

Let me know when you find it. I don't know of any that are universal. I'm going in for an alignment check on Thursday to confirm, but my rear tires stick out further on one side of the body than they do the other side by ~3/8". The front tires are centered. The front axle is centered on the frame (front and rear). The axles are square to each other as far as I can tell (why I'm going in for an alignment check). The rear axle is centered on the rear frame. The tub is centered on the frame. The hard top fits perfectly. There's no major body damage in the rear. I've measured it a 100 different ways and I can not tell you why it doesn't line up like I think it should.

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw
Let me know when you find it. I don't know of any that are universal. I'm going in for an alignment check on Thursday to confirm, but my rear tires stick out further on one side of the body than they do the other side by ~3/8". The front tires are centered. The axles are square to each other as far as I can tell (why I'm going in for an alignment check). The rear axle is centered on the rear frame. The tub is centered on the frame. The hard top fits perfectly. There's no major body damage in the rear. I've measured it a 100 different ways and I can not tell you why it doesn't line up like I think it should.

For now, keep the pics of the grill coming. Maybe we can see a trend towards an average.