Measurement Request—Body to Frame Reference

That's a great picture. I can imagine the parking attendant, "hey you guys can't move those lights." It took me awhile to figure out what you were measuring but I think this is what mine is like.

15887171315070.jpg

Reactions: jjvw
Yesterday after work, I enlisted some help to pull the body back on the frame. Loosened the body mounts, pulled and got about 1/16" of movement before tightening everything back up. It's something!

View attachment 158947
When I bumped mine back, I did similar. Take that rear strap you have, go over the top of one rear tire and drop the end on the ground in front of the tire, go around the back of the tub, over the top of other rear tire, down to the ground, kick both ends under the tires. Put it in 4 low, ease forward, tub moved, tighten down the bolts.

Reactions: jjvw
Well, I tried to be useful with the measurement but found something interesting. I can fit my finger underneath the driver side snubber while the passenger side snubber is right on the frame. I'm assuming the shop that did my frame swap just didn't give a damn when they put the front clip back on? My frame was straightened originally, but my Savvy bumper bolted up perfectly so I don't think the frame is bent... Either way don't think mine would be too useful since it is clearly messed up.

View attachment 158323

View attachment 158324

I'm assuming this has a lot to do with the front end squeak I have. Thought that was suspension related until now.

One side of mine is also loose and has always been as long as I can remember. Probably tweaked something at some point.