Meet a forum member if you get the chance

It appears I am in a fairly unique slot which is a blessing or a curse depending on your perspective. I have very few folks in my life that are not there as a direct result of my interactions on Jeep related forums, boards and runs. Nearly everyone I know I met on a Jeep run, a Jeep board, a Jeep parts company, a brake parts company, or some aspect thereof. Normal folks may view that as an anomaly, I view it as one of the highest blessings there can be. My wife and I have a few relatives but none that are family so all of our Jeep friends have become our family over the years and I would change very little of that. It is hard to look back at the fond memories of things and find many that are not Jeep related in some manner and the owners thereof. So yes, meet a forum member, there is little that is better and my life would be a lot less full had I not done so many times.

Last month I had the chance to meet "Hog" from the the forum at the Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion. His avatar told me he had family and gave me the impression he was a down to earth guy.

We sat up an autograph booth at the trade show and generally had a great time.

If any of you guys get the chance to meet other forum members , please really consider taking that opportunity . Right off the bat , you know you are going to have something in common . Second , you will get the chance to learn something you otherwise may not . We just can't really see the other guys TJ on here like in person.

I recently picked up an 06 Auto Rubicon to play with , just because I wanted to know what an automatic was like mainly , and drove it down to his lake house to let him see what I needed to sort out . He showed me a trick with my seat belts and had some good feed back , we dropped the top , toured the area that was way cooler than I thought , and had an awesome dinner at an outdoor restaurant , great food , live music (please turn down that mic) and I got to see his cool lake property .

He is a success in every way ...good dad committed to teaching his sons to be men , has a really nice wife, owns a business , has grown it , has toys and a second house , knows where he is in life and who he is .

It's made me think differently about the forum and appreciate the online world a little more .

I know if we were all in a room , there would be differences , and we all wouldn't start a great big bromance, but I guarantee you there are some people on here you need to meet if you can .

We really do have a good forum , because we are all on here for good reasons...to learn and share being one of those.
Aww, how sweet. 😉

Reactions: DrDmoney and AndyG
I remember meeting @Chris, but he doesn't remember meeting me, apparently. I really need to work on my image. Need to "outwardly project" more, me thinks! :ROFLMAO:
How could anyone forget you?! If I do ever come to the West side I may hit you up to drop by and see your car lot for a few minutes. 😛

I've wheeled with @b0xcar, @Bob in Texas, @KCsTJ, @Alex01, @tomtaylz , @lowranger, @ac_, and a few more from TX. I imagine the list will grow if I stay on here...lots of WA folks I need to wheel with when I get settled in. Nice wheeling with everyone so far...though I tend to like the more aggressive types...😛

I’m going to meet Chief Brohican tomorrow and see if his linkage needs adjusted ... looking forward to it . More friends with Jeeps is good.

Reactions: reddvltj
While we haven't officially met yet, @Vasq and I, as it turns out, live within a half-mile of each other. I'm looking forward to being able to talk shop with him in the near future! (y)
Today was a great day! I finally got to meet @Squatch and he is every bit as awesome as you would imagine! So glad we got to meet brother. What started out as a "quick" parts exchange turned into 3+ hours of really good conversation.

Today was a great day! I finally got to meet @Squatch and he is every bit as awesome as you would imagine! So glad we got to meet brother. What started out as a "quick" parts exchange turned into 3+ hours of really good conversation.
It was definitely a good time meeting you, @Vasq. You've got a nice ride going, and I look forward to seeing your completed work in the near future (in as much as these things are ever truly "completed"). It's kind of a trip meeting someone from the forum, and having them live roughly a half a mile away. It's twice as cool when they're someone you instantly connect with. Good times! (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasq and reddvltj
Met @B00mb00m today, another local forum member. Friendly, upbeat sort of guy. Would've liked to have been able to talk shop with him a bit, but we were both on a schedule today. Anyways, it's always good to meet someone with common interests. Snohomish County has some good TJ folks in it, to be sure! (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hog and Vasq
Met @B00mb00m today, another local forum member. Friendly, upbeat sort of guy. Would've like to have been able to talk shop with him a bit, but we were both on a schedule today. Anyways, it's always good to meet someone with common interests. Snohomish County has some good TJ folks in it, to be sure! (y)
Maybe a lake Stevens / Everett happy hour talking jeeps should be in order. Y'all welcome round my fire pit anytime.

Reactions: Vasq and Squatch