Meet a forum member if you get the chance

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
Last month I had the chance to meet "Hog" from the the forum at the Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion. His avatar told me he had family and gave me the impression he was a down to earth guy.

We sat up an autograph booth at the trade show and generally had a great time.

If any of you guys get the chance to meet other forum members , please really consider taking that opportunity . Right off the bat , you know you are going to have something in common . Second , you will get the chance to learn something you otherwise may not . We just can't really see the other guys TJ on here like in person.

I recently picked up an 06 Auto Rubicon to play with , just because I wanted to know what an automatic was like mainly , and drove it down to his lake house to let him see what I needed to sort out . He showed me a trick with my seat belts and had some good feed back , we dropped the top , toured the area that was way cooler than I thought , and had an awesome dinner at an outdoor restaurant , great food , live music (please turn down that mic) and I got to see his cool lake property .

He is a success in every way ...good dad committed to teaching his sons to be men , has a really nice wife, owns a business , has grown it , has toys and a second house , knows where he is in life and who he is .

It's made me think differently about the forum and appreciate the online world a little more .

I know if we were all in a room , there would be differences , and we all wouldn't start a great big bromance, but I guarantee you there are some people on here you need to meet if you can .

We really do have a good forum , because we are all on here for good reasons...to learn and share being one of those.

I've met Goatman. If I didn't have an airplane to catch I would have stayed longer. Didnt have enough time to see or appreciate his Jeep I saw parked nearby.

Reactions: AndyG
I've meet up with multiple guys over the years from this and other forums and I hope to meet many more. Of the people I've meet from online, the Jeep guys have been the most normal so far aside from a few oddballs ;). It's always a good time though.

So far I've met @StG58, @billiebob, @zebra12, and a local member (whose username I forgot) who happens to go to the same gym as me.

It's always interesting to see how different someone is in person versus their online persona.

(and me) :)

I've meet up with multiple guys over the years from this and other forums and I hope to meet many more. Of the people I've meet from online, the Jeep guys have been the most normal so far aside from a few oddballs ;). It's always a good time though.

(and me) :)

Not sure how I forgot that one 🤣

I blame a forum member (other forum) for introducing me to off roading 😆, guy cost me a bundle but I’m eternally grateful nonetheless, it’s been a great ride so far. I’ve met a few others over there as well & here I’ve been fortunate enough to meet @jazngab, @Camdenst & @sjalkian & I hope to meet more, what a great resource this is.

Much thanks to @Chris

I blame a forum member (other forum) for introducing me to off roading 😆, guy cost me a bundle but I’m eternally grateful nonetheless, it’s been a great ride so far. I’ve met a few others over there as well & here I’ve been fortunate enough to meet @jazngab, @Camdenst & @sjalkian & I hope to meet more, what a great resource this is.

Much thanks to @Chris
It was great meeting you up at Rausch as well. Look forward to some more trail rides in the near future!!

Sarkis

Reactions: Irun
Ive met a quite a bit of people thru the forums. The first was over on wrangler forum, I bought my rear rubi 44 from a member who then invited me out to multiple runs where I met the others. A few have migrated over to this site. Almost had the chance to meet toximus but my schedule didnt work out the way I wanted it to

Reactions: Igoo65 and AndyG
So far I've met @StG58, @billiebob, @zebra12, and a local member (whose username I forgot) who happens to go to the same gym as me.

It's always interesting to see how different someone is in person versus their online persona.
I remember meeting @Chris, but he doesn't remember meeting me, apparently. I really need to work on my image. Need to "outwardly project" more, me thinks! :ROFLMAO:

I remember meeting @Chris, but he doesn't remember meeting me, apparently. I really need to work on my image. Need to "outwardly project" more, me thinks! :ROFLMAO:
Just take some styling gel and comb your beard forward.

If he can't remember meeting you ... I don't think the rest of us have a chance