Message from Gerald at Savvy Offroad

Old Pueblo

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I've been emailing back and forth with Gerald since March 2023. There has been lots of excuses, but I get the impression that Gerald is being sincere and is also frustrated by all of the delays. Initially, I was going to post the entire email thread, but it isn't necessary. It was me asking WTF is the problem now? , and Gerald coming up with another reason for the delay in TJ/LJ parts.
Anyway, I'm still trying to get that damn Savvy bumper..

This is the last of the dozen or so emails. I got this on Jan 4th 2024
It's Geralds response to my email below...

Re: TJ LJ parts?
I’m converting my website now. We are in the process of fulfilment from Utah but the new Corporation is based out of Florida for tax purposes. We will soon have all TJ products on the new website. Just taking time to get it all up.

Please feel free to post this on the TJ Forum.

Thanks,

Gerald Lee
Savvy Off Road
500 Harrington St. Suite H2
Corona, CA. 92878

949-677-2253

Date: Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 1:22 AM
To: gman savvyoffroad.com <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: TJ LJ parts?
I just looked on the internet again, and the website is completely different, and there is basically nothing left for TJ/LJ. Also it says the business is out of Florida not California. I started reluctantly looking for a LJ aluminum bumper elsewhere … They all suck. I don’t want a Genright but this is just getting ridiculous.
I wish you well Gerald.

I feel for you, I know what it's like to want a particular component and not being able to get your hands on them. I own a '23 Honda 125 CT Trail, and getting goodies out of Taiwan is tough and spendy. Don't know anything about this shit other then good for them getting the hell out of California

Does anyone here do web work? One of the last things Gerald should be doing is uploading stuff to a website, along with whatever page building he may have to be doing. I’ve had people volunteer to build websites for me, and they never would have gotten done otherwise. I’d donate to help if volunteering is not possible.

They're making enough money they should be hiring good help.

That being said I'd trade them a WordPress based website that's easy to update and maintain for a set of control arms.

Website is easy. Setting up PCI compliant e commerce is tricky. You've also got to register and set up encryption certificates.

Some credit card processing companies make it easy and most make it a complete PIA.

-Mac

Reactions: RINC and MikekiM
This is just an innocent question and I’m not assaulting anybody’s business acumen or character- Is Gerald strong financially?

The reason I’m asking is the first thing a business owner will do is everything under the sun to slow things down because they can’t stretch the money far enough.

Usually the last thing they will do is tell you that is the reason.

And if he is it doesn’t mean it’s a permanent problem I’ve just been kind watching this wondering what in the world is going on.

I watch everyone in here complain about Savvy and can't for the life of me understand why anyone would put up with that kind of bullshit customer service from any company. Supposedly they make nice stuff, so do several other companies that won't complete waste your time. UCF and Genright both make aluminum and you'll actually receive the products you order. Is it really that much better and worth the headache??

I watch everyone in here complain about Savvy and can't for the life of me understand why anyone would put up with that kind of bullshit customer service from any company. Supposedly they make nice stuff, so do several other companies that won't complete waste your time. UCF and Genright both make aluminum and you'll actually receive the products you order. Is it really that much better and worth the headache??
If you understood Savvy's incredible quality, strength, and great designs you'd understand why so many do what they can to get Savvy products. It's a very small company that designs for and caters to a select group of enthusiasts who wheel hard so it doesn't have the resources larger companies do.

The reality is very few designers know how to design in aluminum. They compromise by allowing the design to dictate material selection instead of letting the material selection dictate the design. There is a profound difference in performance that most miss.

I dont get it either? And why are people speaking for Gerald? Is he too busy to sign up and speak for his? Company? The whole thing is odd to me.

I dont get it either? And why are people speaking for Gerald? Is he too busy to sign up and speak for his? Company? The whole thing is odd to me.
He doesn't need to care about the few whiners, he sells every single part he can get into inventory as fast as they arrive. There's more demand for his parts than there is supply. Plus he is mostly retired now and spends most of his time traveling doing the tourist thing. He's not active and is rarely on on any Jeep forums, he just occasionally posts a photo or two on FB.

One time I saw somebody pay so much for a company that they couldn’t afford to operate it. No kidding.

They sunk a 50 plus year old, $50 million company in two years.

They're making enough money they should be hiring good help.

do we really know that though? Gotta sell parts to make money, and the info we usually get from the designer of a lot of those parts is that their pricing on some things isn't as far from cost as most of us would expect.

He doesn't need to care about the few whiners, he sells every single part he can get into inventory as fast as they arrive. There's more demand for his parts than there is supply. Plus he is mostly retired now and spends most of his time traveling doing the tourist thing. He's not active and is rarely on on any Jeep forums, he just occasionally posts a photo or two on FB.

To each their own their own and that's what makes this world go round

• Haha
Reactions: Ocho
I haven’t found a set of sliders that compares to the savvy product.

i’m trying to keep the Jeep as light as possible.

unless someone else knows a better aluminum slider set, i’m waiting on Savvy

the new website only has cable shifter, midarm suspension, and body lift

Reactions: sab and Old Pueblo
I haven’t found a set of sliders that compares to the savvy product.

i’m trying to keep the Jeep as light as possible.

unless someone else knows a better aluminum slider set, i’m waiting on Savvy

the new website only has cable shifter, midarm suspension, and body lift

GR aluminum miniboatsides are lighter.