Mid-arm LJ Rubicon

are these just the standard fox 2.0 resi for TJ? Not tuned or anything?

how do they work with the currie springs?

LJ looks good, super clean
They are. They are set I picked up second hand. They do the job for now. I would say they are better than the Bilstiens I had originally.

one day I’d like to get a nicer set that are tuned.

Reactions: Therbytj
I was getting a tiny bit of bump steer with my new WJ steering set up. The factory pitman had just enough drop my angles from my track bar and drag link were about 3* off…it bugged me enough to order a flat pitman arm from WFO Concepts. They drill the length and taper to your custom specs. After installing my angles were dead on. My Jeep drives and responds awesome. I am very very happy. So happy I called my buddy and we went for a quick burn up “West Mountain” just right close to home.
9BEC0731-A735-4773-B482-E665A37A02BD.jpeg
65EB7874-91A2-4EED-85B4-04583D7BF7DF.jpeg
1D451366-20CA-463C-9182-2095E6503380.jpeg

Finally got the half doors done! I’m pleased with how they turned out. I ended up using automotivetouchup.com and sprayed the doors using their aerosols cans. The color match is close, a touch darker which is probably from the factory paint being a bit faded. I wouldn’t say they’re perfect…but it’s about as good as I could expect to get with aerosol cans. I made quite the plastic paint booth in my garage using the garage door rails. I was worried that the whole garage would be yellow if I didn’t. Very glad I did! It was a mess inside that booth. Hardly any overspray got out into the garage.

I’m headed to Trail Hero in Sand Hollow next week. Anyone else headed that way?
5B57DDD3-A961-4730-9FC6-2B31ED16B3DF.jpeg
800F097F-B721-4482-A5C2-415C52417BFE.jpeg
660BE874-FE4A-4F05-BC74-DC4C2F48CE87.jpeg

5B57DDD3-A961-4730-9FC6-2B31ED16B3DF.jpeg

800F097F-B721-4482-A5C2-415C52417BFE.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn - now we are really twins. Nice work on the doors. I used the automotivetouchup paint on my corner armor and it was a perfect match. Good stuff.

When I did my half doors years ago I had a pro do a color match - not so much…

I might have to try this on the grey full doors I picked up. WInters coming.
Nice work on your half doors.

Damn - now we are really twins. Nice work on the doors. I used the automotivetouchup paint on my corner armor and it was a perfect match. Good stuff.

When I did my half doors years ago I had a pro do a color match - not so much…
Possibly the best looking Jeep’s on this forum… lol 🤘

Painting is a frustrating process for me. I feel like getting a perfect match is a crap shoot. Someday day I’d just like to repaint the whole Jeep.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I might have to try this on the grey full doors I picked up. WInters coming.
Nice work on your half doors.
Thank you! I’d definitely recommend their products. Order more clear then you think you’ll need. The cans don’t spray very smooth once they start getting close to empty. Having a fresh can to spray a nice solid coat of clear is a must for a smooth finish.

Just another plug to the cleanliness of this LJ. If you think it looks fantastic in the pics, you ought to see it in person! 🤤

His attention to detail is on point!

Just another plug to the cleanliness of this LJ. If you think it looks fantastic in the pics, you ought to see it in person! 🤤

His attention to detail is on point!
Thanks man!! I’m pumped for this weekend. Can’t wait to get some good crawling in.

Sand Hollow is a must for all of you that like Moab, but are wanting more! It was a great time. Definitely counting down the days till we go again. The Jeep did great! No major changes that need to be done. Steering is quite the chore right now, I’m saving up for some hydro assist!
3E8596F5-4E1B-43EB-BDFB-5E4AD456F1B2.jpeg
B0A87897-44BA-47C3-AD8E-2CA8E9FC99D4.jpeg
A912B7D0-729F-437B-92B8-5DFDA1013F8A.jpeg
1A964928-A312-4EF1-BE4A-C568D70513CB.jpeg
61C907FF-BCCF-49DD-BA4C-EE67EBB40060.jpeg

I got a little bored this past week and felt the urge to cut, weld, and do some fabbin. One day I’d like to raise my body mounts to hide the body lift. There are a few things that have to change before that can happen. First is the Savvy skid plate. Some of you know that the cross member is a bolt on design that wraps around the frame rails and around the center body mount. Raising the center body mount is difficult because of this. Mods to the cross member must be done. I cut the ends off the savvy cross member, flipped them and welded it back together. Then I will weld the mounting flanges to the inside of the frame rails. Realizing that I would still have to use the 1/8” plate spacers to compensate for the nutsert flanges on the bottom of the frame, I messaged Blaine to see if he had any work arounds. He guided me to counter bore the skid so the nutserts would sit sub flush and the skid would be flush to the frame rails. A little time with the router and this is what I ended up with. Just need to finish welding and throw some paint on.
89B6246E-EE1C-4E01-88F6-736A37E156E2.jpeg
2505621B-F10C-4909-9EDC-FF62FCE552EA.jpeg
1B4BC27A-B0F9-4AE6-A60B-D9657BB55E4E.jpeg
EC1DF96C-24D3-473D-87DC-E7C9F12F4BB1.jpeg

I got a little bored this past week and felt the urge to cut, weld, and do some fabbin. One day I’d like to raise my body mounts to hide the body lift. There are a few things that have to change before that can happen. First is the Savvy skid plate. Some of you know that the cross member is a bolt on design that wraps around the frame rails and around the center body mount. Raising the center body mount is difficult because of this. Mods to the cross member must be done. I cut the ends off the savvy cross member, flipped them and welded it back together. Then I will weld the mounting flanges to the inside of the frame rails. Realizing that I would still have to use the 1/8” plate spacers to compensate for the nutsert flanges on the bottom of the frame, I messaged Blaine to see if he had any work arounds. He guided me to counter bore the skid so the nutserts would sit sub flush and the skid would be flush to the frame rails. A little time with the router and this is what I ended up with. Just need to finish welding and throw some paint on. View attachment 287647View attachment 287648View attachment 287649View attachment 287650
I like the shape of the L’s against the frame you did better than my setup, it’s been one of those things itching at me to rework during this off-season. Nice job!

Seeing these shots of the Jeep almost vertical is mind blowing for someone like me that is fairly new to exploring the limits of their rig. Amazing rig as always.

Reactions: sunnysideup_lj
I like the shape of the L’s against the frame you did better than my setup, it’s been one of those things itching at me to rework during this off-season. Nice job!
Thanks! They are the inner piece of the savvy bolt on design that I just cut in half.
I added a little gusset in the middle of it tonight.
CDC2BCA7-BB5D-432D-8A25-F759B1282C43.jpeg

Seeing these shots of the Jeep almost vertical is mind blowing for someone like me that is fairly new to exploring the limits of their rig. Amazing rig as always.
Pushing the limits of the rig is always fun! I’ve been very impressed how well it’s handled everything I’ve thrown at it so far.

Reactions: rasband
Those lasers are a game changer when doing alignments in the shop. I do the same thing.

….and it still freaks me out every time I see your rig.

Reactions: sunnysideup_lj