Mid-arm LJ Rubicon

This is easily one of my favorite builds and its not just because you're a fellow yellow LJ. Sucks about the lockers but those upgrades are well worth it.

If it's not too personal can I ask what all in you have for the last upgrade? I'm looking at doing the same but possibly with e-lockers. It gets cold here and I worry about cracked air lines and internal leaks.

@Sunny Side Up tough break but it turned into some awesome upgrades! Any interest in selling a pair of those shackle mounts?

I'm working on some changes to the design then I plan on placing an order for around 25sets. Ill keep the build profile updated when they are available and will likely be posted on Ebay.

Some of the changes will include, Much larger ID radius (even more friendly to soft shackles.)
More universal size. These were designed to fit exactly to my bumper. They need to be able to fit most bumper applications.

This is easily one of my favorite builds and its not just because you're a fellow yellow LJ. Sucks about the lockers but those upgrades are well worth it.

If it's not too personal can I ask what all in you have for the last upgrade? I'm looking at doing the same but possibly with e-lockers. It gets cold here and I worry about cracked air lines and internal leaks.

Thank you! It's been a fun build.

I bought the front shafts months ago...they were on back order forever. I bought the rear locker, compressor, and rear shafts all together. A few weeks later I talked myself into buying another locker for the front. The timing was perfect that everything got delivered within a few days.

This is my first time totaling everything up. $2,795. Makes me a little sick. I purchased everything through Robert at RWKHaussupply.com, Id recommend him to anyone. give him a call, he saved me a fair amount off retail. Not to mention he is awesome to work with. Luckily I did sell all my factory parts to recoup a little money.

Enjoyed another Thanksgiving weekend in Moab. Jeep ran flawlessly, very satisfied with the lockers. We ran Hells Revenge and Rusty Nail
BCC814F2-DAFD-4791-BE38-3B633449F2CE.jpeg

B458DE8E-ED30-44AD-A8E7-70432B9EE16D.jpeg

969091ED-36E2-4275-9E8B-EAE3B1483C69.jpeg

95633E08-B582-4B1A-B3B2-D361770A5D6C.jpeg

B8C6ED9F-3472-476E-9D0E-AFC5D1D373AC.jpeg

74C5C8B2-56D3-4AE5-8108-82361BC870F6.jpeg

I wrapped up the front stretch project. I used Barnes4WD JK front coil mounts to make the coils centered on the axle tubes. It took some modifications to the brackets to get them where I wanted. The track bar and drag link are the exact same length, the exact same angle, and very very close to being in line with each other. With the improved geometry and the hydro assist, I’m happy with how the Jeep is handling. Well worth the time and effort to redo the track bar.

View attachment 381481

View attachment 381484

View attachment 381489

View attachment 381491

View attachment 381488

View attachment 381490

View attachment 381546

How much front stretch did you go? Did you relocate the steering box? Thanks!

How much front stretch did you go? Did you relocate the steering box? Thanks!

I was able to get 2” just from centering the coils on the axle. Steering box is still in factory location. I moved the frame side track bar mount as far forward as I could without hitting the pitman arm.

Nice build, really like how you did the front stretch. What bump stops are those? Any clearance issues with the antirock? Seems tight between the links there.

Nice build, really like how you did the front stretch. What bump stops are those? Any clearance issues with the antirock? Seems tight between the links there.

RockJock bump stops.
No clearance issues. front stretch made packaging tight, but cycled suspension a bunch while building to insure there wouldn’t be any components rubbing.

What’d you do differently this time? Made it look easy.

It’s gotta be the 2” front stretch 😂 jk

got the rear tires more towards the wall on the passenger side, But I say mostly commitment level. Rolled into it smooth and stayed on it with the right amount of wheel speed.

got the rear tires more towards the wall on the passenger side, But I say mostly commitment level. Rolled into it smooth and stayed on it with the right amount of wheel speed.

Just say "auto" here on out 🤣

Nice job! I "had to" winch out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sunnysideup_lj

Saw this the other day @ 15:30, the girl driving is like 11 or 12 they said prior.

• Wow
Reactions: JMT