Midnight Metalworks Rockbox D300

The NP241OR fits with the Savvy skid with some minor tub smashing. No custom trans mount.
The Atlas in any iteration does NOT fit and will not work without some major cutting of most of the stuff that matters.

The 241 is a basic swap, not cheap, but since it was bolted into the rig from the factory albeit with a lowered skid, it is still a direct bolt in with the right parts. The only gotcha nowadays is the lack of a reliable switch for the 4wd light on the dash and the stupidly insane prices for a used 241.

I thought there was a GM sensor that took care of the 4wd light?

Reactions: Claytone
Here is my take on this..how many of these companies have come and gone? And the end user is left with an expensive and obsolete item. Why not buy an atlas, make the necessary mods and know that you SHOULD have parts and service for many years to come?

Reactions: Stinkbug
I thought there was a GM sensor that took care of the 4wd light?

None of them are sensors, they are just simple plunger switches that have a ball that rides in the detent mode plate. The 231 switch is a N/O and the one for the 241 looks nearly identical but is reversed as a N/C. They used to all work pretty much perfectly, for some reason that changes and they are now inconsistent.

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
Here is my take on this..how many of these companies have come and gone? And the end user is left with an expensive and obsolete item. Why not buy an atlas, make the necessary mods and know that you SHOULD have parts and service for many years to come?

Its my understanding, and I could be wrong, that MM has basically just made a very strong and light case for D300 internals, for which you use aftermarket upgraded D300 internals or junkyard internals. So support for these boxes should last beyond MM's existence. Whereas Atlas is more proprietary, even if they have been around longer.

Reactions: srimes
Its my understanding, and I could be wrong, that MM has basically just made a very strong and light case for D300 internals, for which you use aftermarket upgraded D300 internals or junkyard internals. So support for these boxes should last beyond MM's existence. Whereas Atlas is more proprietary, even if they have been around longer.

Yes, no, sorta, maybe. Regardless of propriety, I can get an Atlas part most any time I need it and I wouldn't trust anything proprietary for the MM stuff to be around when I need it regardless of where the internals are sourced. Especially and most especially if a flaw in cases shows up at a later date that they missed. If you want to know how much that can suck, dig up all the idiots that bought into the Stak bullshit and see how they are doing.

Reactions: P man
I can't recall any interaction with the OP. I'd like to follow the thread though.

You serious? Can you even accidentally block someone? I would think normally people know why someone blocked them. I guess you could log out and read but that's not convenient.

You serious? Can you even accidentally block someone? I would think normally people know why someone blocked them. I guess you could log out and read but that's not convenient.

Logged out is the only way I can read it.

On things like the STaK's or Hero t-cases yes once they are gone you're SOL if you need something. On these cases that use stock parts like the Dana 300 or NP205 all they did was make a lighter & in some cases stronger case than stock.
The D300 has been known to crack under higher HP applications. And the other thing it does on the D300 is allows you to have a driver drop which was rare. You used to have to either do a flip kit or find a Bronco D300 which had taller gearing than the Jeep/Scout D300.

I feel like I’m in Middle School all over.

Not even going there....

Reactions: RINC
Tera-
On things like the STaK's or Hero t-cases yes once they are gone you're SOL if you need something. On these cases that use stock parts like the Dana 300 or NP205 all they did was make a lighter & in some cases stronger case than stock.
The D300 has been known to crack under higher HP applications. And the other thing it does on the D300 is allows you to have a driver drop which was rare. You used to have to either do a flip kit or find a Bronco D300 which had taller gearing than the Jeep/Scout D300.

Not even going there....

Dont forget tera-low..I bought one needing a "rebuild"..inside was fucked..no parts to be had. Went right into the scrap pile.

Tera-

Dont forget tera-low..I bought one needing a "rebuild"..inside was fucked..no parts to be had. Went right into the scrap pile.

I never considered TeraLow in the same book as these custom cases & boxes. But yes when TeraFlex stopped offering the TeraLow box you were SOL. But no different than like when Warn stopped offering the full floater kits.

My old TeraLow is still in service on a friends YJ. She had the t-case resealed a few years ago but other than that it's fine.

Reactions: P man