Midnight Metalworks Rockbox D300

Their last post on Facebook was March 10, 2023 and their website is not longer available.

https://www.facebook.com/MidnightMetalworksUSA

https://midnightmetalworks.com/?fbclid=IwAR0tlVMgXq0b4b5rk-_PYSQ96mVE7cXeCwj4R5OyrYFYLAn0SRDENAgGqfA

So unless someone knows something more I'd guess maybe went the way of STaK's? Damn that really SUCKS too.

So we're back to only having Behemoth for aftermarket D300 & NP205 cases.

https://behemothdrivetrain.com/

That sucks.

Wasn't somebody saying bad things about Behemoth? I don't know, just think I remembered seeing something. Has anybody run one under a TJ?

That sucks.

Wasn't somebody saying bad things about Behemoth? I don't know, just think I remembered seeing something. Has anybody run one under a TJ?

3 or 4 years ago Behemoth got bad press for taking peoples monies and then taking 6-9 months to deliver. But then some larger company bought them and since they are supposed to have turned things around. That is what I know of it but there may be more to the whole story.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
I wonder about the case height; specifically how much shorter than an Atlas it is. Also, would a stock case have the same external dimensions? I'm after that sweet sweet 4:1 gearing in a package that fits with a Savvy TT. I don't mind a little gentle massaging with a BFH, but custom trans mounts and cutting the body are a deal killer for me.

All that wasn't directed specifically at you AMS417, just thinking out loud. Thank you for finding out the timeframe from your buddy.

I wonder about the case height; specifically how much shorter than an Atlas it is. Also, would a stock case have the same external dimensions? I'm after that sweet sweet 4:1 gearing in a package that fits with a Savvy TT. I don't mind a little gentle massaging with a BFH, but custom trans mounts and cutting the body are a deal killer for me.

All that wasn't directed specifically at you AMS417, just thinking out loud. Thank you for finding out the timeframe from your buddy.

I thought the dimensions were posted earlier in the thread? If I remember correctly the stock D300 & these billet cases were the same size.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
I think they were, but compared to an Atlas. I didn't know how that compared to a stock D300 but more importantly an NP231.

1692839926077.png

Does this help?

It's killing me watching these threads. I lack funds to upgrade from my NP231.

You still have both of your kidneys, right? 😆

A 241 might be an option. I need to check out the thread where somebody swapped one, but something makes me think it was actually a fairly involved swap? Probably still easier than a D300.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jamison C and RINC
You still isn't both of your kidneys, right? 😆

A 241 might be an option. I need to check out the thread where somebody swapped one, but something makes me think it was actually a fairly involved swap? Probably still easier than a D300.

I think the biggest issue is that they've gotten so expensive, and parts discontinued, that you're close enough to a 2 speed atlas to just do that instead.

Reactions: Wildman and srimes

You still isn't both of your kidneys, right? 😆

The NP241OR fits with the Savvy skid with some minor tub smashing. No custom trans mount.
The Atlas in any iteration does NOT fit and will not work without some major cutting of most of the stuff that matters.

The 241 is a basic swap, not cheap, but since it was bolted into the rig from the factory albeit with a lowered skid, it is still a direct bolt in with the right parts. The only gotcha nowadays is the lack of a reliable switch for the 4wd light on the dash and the stupidly insane prices for a used 241.