Mildly Out of Hand 02 Sahara Build

Tj fest west in jv would be cool too.

True... I of course need to get mine running and get it check out to make sure it's trail worthy.. There are a few trails in CA on my bucket list. I kick myself for not doing Panamint Canyon when I was stationed at Ft Ord before it was closed.

True... I of course need to get mine running and get it check out to make sure it's trail worthy.. There are a few trails in CA on my bucket list. I kick myself for not doing Panamint Canyon when I was stationed at Ft Ord before it was closed.

I still haven’t wheeled the fordyce winch hills in my own rig yet, the water was too high when I went with my jeep. That, Barrett lake, and dusy ershim are at the top of my list.

When you come down I’ll have to at least hit one trail and see your beast in person.

Bummer about panamint canyon I’ve heard that trail was awesome.

I still haven’t wheeled the fordyce winch hills in my own rig yet, the water was too high when I went with my jeep.
Just dont go when there was rain or snow the day before. When it was dry it was fun. When the rocks were wet it was a carnage fest.

My poor jeep still hasn't recovered.
20231217_104808.jpg

Just dont go when there was rain or snow the day before. When it was dry it was fun. When the rocks were wet it was a carnage fest.

My poor jeep still hasn't recovered.
View attachment 487646

Being from the PNW I enjoy that wet carnage environment & am familiar with it but I would like to hopefully NOT break things right away. I know things are going to break but I'd like to enjoy the rig a little first. I really hope you get your shafts soon. Are they telling you what the delay is? Or a projected availability date yet?

Damn if my shafts would fit I'd offer my spares but they are 30 spline inners & 19 spline outers and for a old school Dana 44.

Reactions: PNW_LJ and Alex01
Being from the PNW I enjoy that wet carnage environment & am familiar with it but I would like to hopefully NOT break things right away. I know things are going to break but I'd like to enjoy the rig a little first. I really hope you get your shafts soon. Are they telling you what the delay is? Or a projected availability date yet?

Damn if my shafts would fit I'd offer my spares but they are 30 spline inners & 19 spline outers and for a old school Dana 44.

No worries, I have oem spares so it's only left on stands due to my own laziness. I'm just hoping to install the shafts once and be done. I could get it running fairly quick if a run came up. Finally got some snow last night so maybe soon there will be enough for a real snow run.

It's just a typical backorder. I believe they are drop shipped so once revolutation pumps out a batch I should get a set. It's said 45-60 days for a while now.

Didn’t have to many good wheeling photos but the trip to jv was awesome. We ran turkey claw half a dozen times each night, claw hammer, boulderdash, upper and lower big Johnson, sun bonnet and lots of chocolate thunder laps. No breakages, caught my front shaft u joint caps backing out so I threw some tack welds on my crappy spare shafts and tossed it in the jeep. I can’t stress enough how awesome hydro assist is on the trail. I wish I did it a long time ago. The jeep has also drastically improved from last year when it was wasn’t stretched or linked in the back. It feels super stable, drags on less rear bumper, and can get through the desert from trail to trail at twice the speed. My new winch rope from @Blackjack got a workout dragging a jk with true tracs and a Cherokee on 33s through sun bonnet. Once again it is a really nice product.
The full corners came in handy this trip, unfortunately they didn’t save my half door which sustained a minor smack off a boulder.

Lastly here’s a photo dump in no particular order. The photos aren’t great and some are screenshots from videos but you get the idea.

View attachment 487608

View attachment 487610

View attachment 487612

View attachment 487613

View attachment 487615

View attachment 487617

View attachment 487618

View attachment 487620

View attachment 487621

View attachment 487622

View attachment 487623

View attachment 487625

Glad to see that rope getting some use.

Glad to see that rope getting some use.

It got some serious use. It made winching a lot easier. I was always mindful of keeping it from dragging on rocks as well. My one question for you is there any recommendations on making it last? I used it probably 15 times winching Jeeps up obstacles and you can definitely tell it’s been used visually.

Once again its an awesome product for the price for us 8274 users so if it’s helpful for me to leave a review somewhere especially now that I’ve tested it throughly please feel free to let me know. The red line at the end was a great touch too. Definitely useful

It got some serious use. It made winching a lot easier. I was always mindful of keeping it from dragging on rocks as well. My one question for you is there any recommendations on making it last? I used it probably 15 times winching Jeeps up obstacles and you can definitely tell it’s been used visually.

Once again its an awesome product for the price for us 8274 users so if it’s helpful for me to leave a review somewhere especially now that I’ve tested it throughly please feel free to let me know. The red line at the end was a great touch too. Definitely useful

I don't know if they still make them but there used to be a removeable rope protector you could buy. I think it was about 10' long and had Velcro on it so you could slip it onto the rope and place it where needed. I've also seen people put a blanket or canvas tarp down to help protect the rope. I don't know that either really help, I'm sure Dan will let us know.

Reactions: 02GreenTJ

Like any synthetic rope keep it clean and protect as best as you can from chafing/cutting. It is going to wear and that is why Blaine and I wanted to bring ropes to market as economically as possible so folks will use them and not be so worried that they end up babying them.

Just ordered some generic shock towers and random builder parts after lots of measuring. Jeep will be getting the front coilovers and a three link in the near future. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately it will have to sit a little bit taller to get the travel numbers I want. Stay tuned. It looks like I’ll get to chopping this thing up in the next month or so. I don’t really have any wheeling trips planned for awhile so I figured I’d get to it.

Also my synergy trackbar clears everything really nicely and has an adjuster sleeve so I can adjust it on the jeep. Not even sure if they make it anymore, just wanted to throw that out there.

Reactions: Alex01