Mildly Out of Hand 02 Sahara Build

If we ever get to go wheeling you'll have to check out my audio setup. @DylanM345 has heard it first hand which is probably why he trashes you, lol! He knows you can do better.
He’s told me about how good it sounds. You’re to blame for the money @DylanM345 have spent on audio. I have bad ears and a low budget so I think what I ended up going with will work just fine.

Little update. I spent the whole weekend dialing my pinion angle and its super close but not 100% vibe free. I think its time to balance the driveshafts and potentially address my steel wheels being nowhere near round.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Here’s the final product for my subwoofer in the ammo can. I still need to finish cleaning up the wiring but it sounds great and works well.

B5F093DA-DB58-4DAF-850C-0B5D83887D3E.jpeg

A3C395E4-2249-4F5A-A6C6-CAC6D8DD2526.jpeg

22E03B35-7BAD-4D53-90FE-76474B64084D.jpeg

I assume suspension and not body?
Yep now I’m running a 1 inch body lift with a mild tummy tuck and 2 inch springs with highline fenders to fit the 35s. All of it is constantly changing. Eventually I’ll add more lift but the travel numbers aren’t bad due to the fenders helping with uptravel.

Reactions: YukonLon
This weekend I installed new unit bearings, upgraded spicer u joints, replaced my worn out steering shaft, and finally put in the steering shaft riser bracket that came with my MORE body lift a few years ago.
79CE38C0-4BEF-48F3-9D46-DCD1D7AE4256.jpeg
B606CA56-7A38-4088-8B8D-A21627DA8445.jpeg

I’ve also been wheeling the past few weekends and just enjoying it as it sits. In the garage I have an Aussie locker for the front axle and plan on replacing my front ds that is toast.
C724D43B-18EE-45E1-A41C-BC1211FABAEE.jpeg

More to come later.

79CE38C0-4BEF-48F3-9D46-DCD1D7AE4256.jpeg

I got those from a member on here @Squatch if I remember correctly a friend of his custom made them for him and he sent me some extras for my hubcaps. This was years ago though, so I’m not sure if he has any more or will be making any.

Reactions: Squatch and Alex01
Pretty bad at updating the build thread and there's been some improvements. My previous gear set was improperly setup and it resulted in needing a new ring and pinion. I got a good deal on an arb as well so I had that installed in the rear. Its a lot nicer for a daily and in the snow. Upon removing the shafts I got in a deal I noticed the splines were twisted so I bit the bullet on some revolution shafts. I also installed a twin compressor on my inner fender. For the switches I pulled out the hardtop switches for now and ran the ARB switches there. Lastly I installed Blaines brake flip kit because I needed new e brake cables and I figured why not for the extra holding power and potential future outboard.
IMG_4355.jpg
IMG_4352.jpg
IMG_3877.jpg
IMG_3948.jpg