Mildly Out of Hand 02 Sahara Build

Few little things on the jeep. I got tired of the modern headlights on the jeep so I finally pulled the trigger on some glass hella lenses with upgraded bulbs. I also got tired of the fluttering and big hood gap so used some Amazon special cooler latches to make hood latches that work better with the highline hood.
75CD06C0-91B4-4B00-B672-0FA8B2C1BBF6.jpeg

Also will be slowly working on this high pinion 30 I picked up locally for a pretty good deal. I’ll clean it up throw on new ball joints and an arb way down the line. I’d been looking for one of these for awhile now so I jumped on the good deal. The guy also threw in a Barnett/Currie or copy Dana 30 cover that supposedly was on a jeep speed car.
CDA25F89-D769-4FCC-BBE9-6E4C3075FE7D.jpeg
1A6AA901-B8F5-47DC-82EB-BCFCACA32F40.jpeg

Reactions: DuncLJ
We're is the tower at? @DuncLJ has the same spot on ROTM.
That’s on bald mountain in shaver lake. It’s a pretty easy but fun trail, last time I went was rough haha. A kid broke his jk rubi 44 front housing and another guy wheeling with us sheared the tabs of his tie rod for his full hydro steering.
39E4B098-77BC-4838-A9AF-B257174A1F7A.jpeg

A9D3BB28-B437-4162-A93D-51A9553800C8.jpeg

The kid wasn’t wheeling hard and based on the surface rust on where it broke and lack of any abuse we think maybe it had been hairline cracked by the po or manufacture defect.

Reactions: Alex01
Awesome dude! When did you go up last? I haven't been up to the top since December. I have been doing the forest roads around it for the last few months. I was wondering what the trail is like now.

That’s on bald mountain in shaver lake. It’s a pretty easy but fun trail, last time I went was rough haha. A kid broke his jk rubi 44 front housing and another guy wheeling with us sheared the tabs of his tie rod for his full hydro steering. View attachment 324122

View attachment 324123
That's crazy. First though was I hope someone had a ready welder. Looks like a bit much for jb weld.

Last edited:
Awesome dude! When did you go up last? I haven't been up to the top since December. I have been doing the forest roads around it for the last few months. I was wondering what the trail is like now.
That was the end of Feb your rig would do just fine. Winches we’re being used but we also had more stockish rigs

Reactions: DuncLJ and Alex01
That was the end of Feb your rig would do just fine. Winches we’re being used but we also had more stockish rigs
Cool, thanks.
I was thinking of heading up there this weekend.
Forest service website says the trail is closed now for a month though.
I guess the snowmelt started early and they're worried about erosion.
Might head up anyway. Lots of new areas opening up. 🍻

Reactions: 02GreenTJ
Cool, thanks.
I was thinking of heading up there this weekend.
Forest service website says the trail is closed now for a month though.
I guess the snowmelt started early and they're worried about erosion.
Might head up anyway. Lots of new areas opening up. 🍻
I want to hit Red lake, coyote, Swamp lake, and the dusy this summer. We’ll see though depending on work and fires

That’s on bald mountain in shaver lake. It’s a pretty easy but fun trail, last time I went was rough haha. A kid broke his jk rubi 44 front housing and another guy wheeling with us sheared the tabs of his tie rod for his full hydro steering. View attachment 324122

View attachment 324123
Are those solid lower Control arms with urethane bushings? Can't be helping.

Reactions: DrDmoney