Military Memes

Not that I would ever put a womans name on my body but I have gotten those "Dear John" letters before when the mail used to take a week or more to get a letter.

When I was young and in Uncle Sammy's Canoe Club, we finally came to port after 22 days at sea. The ancient CPO gathered all of us together and shared his wisdom. "Don't go gettin' no tattoos of any girl's name or any other stupid shit. If you must have a tattoo, you can get an anchor, USN, or Mom. That's it." Of course, there is always (at least) one idiot who got "Betty" tattooed on his arm. After our next cruise our mail was waiting and he got "Dear Johned" by Betty. We ridiculed him for a year.

• Haha
Reactions: Mhass and Wildman
We h
Not that I would ever put a womans name on my body but I have gotten those "Dear John" letters before when the mail used to take a week or more to get a letter.

We had a dude that got a "Dear John" letter with his bible, a pics of his sons and of his wife with a new Jodie nearly every time we got underway for a significant time.
Dude took her back every time.
After one short 2 month jaunt, they were caught banging in the radar control room behind the consoles while their sons were sitting in the front of the consoles getting filthy fingerprints all over the gear.
Weird part is, his wife was hideous! Easily 400 lbs and just greasy and nasty.

1712882827924.png

• Love
Reactions: C.J. Roberts
My aunt & grandparents used to always seem to time it just right as I'd always get a care package when we were going to the field in Germany. My parents sent me a lot of care packages when I was in Iraq and I always shared my goodies with my troops.

1713300283886.png