Military Memes

_nc_ohc=Ktq3KBebNeUAX_IKmqU&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

In 1945, two sailors who were angry about being ordered to scrape and paint USS LSM-51 decided to write "FOR SALE" on the side. It wasn't until another ship signaled "How much do you want for it?" that the confused captain discovered the unauthorized ad.

X-4Dqtn&tn=uatXikXYIRL4O36X&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

After the Italian sub Nautilo was scuttled in 1943, it was raised by Germany and commissioned as UIT 19. Sunk in an RAF air raid, UIT 19 was then raised by the Yugoslav Navy and commissioned as Sava. Stricken in 1971, Sava became the Croatian disco "Yellow Submarine.

_nc_ohc=5mgrmmHumHsAX95R9YK&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Zorba
The first Fighter Squadron I was assigned to had some bushes in various locations around the grounds. They were called Red Tip Photinia’s. (Commonly called Red Tip Bushes). We used to have to go out every so often and trim the red tips off the Red Tip Bushes. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
The first Fighter Squadron I was assigned to had some bushes in various locations around the grounds. They were called Red Tip Photinia’s. (Commonly called Red Tip Bushes). We used to have to go out every so often and trim the red tips off the Red Tip Bushes. 🤣

My unit in Germany had a walkway going to the main doors of the barracks and we had white rocks lining it. Guess how the rocks got White?
Yep if you screwed up you got to paint the rocks White. Even if they'd just been done last weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: MountaineerTom
My unit in Germany had a walkway going to the main doors of the barracks and we had white rocks lining it. Guess how the rocks got White?
Yep if you screwed up you got to paint the rocks White. Even if they'd just been done last weekend.

And you used lots of paint I bet!

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman

This is a no shitter-
It was our last night in port and I was maybe a little more drunk than I should have been in Naples. Still made it back to fleet landing and caught the liberty launch back to the ship.
Stumbled my way down to berthing, climbed in my rack and passed out.
Came to mid-morning to the ship rocking and heaving and panicked for a minute knowing I had missed quarters and my sea and anchor detail. Hopped out of my rack to get dressed and face the music.
Couldn't find my uniform, couldn't get my locker open, didn't recognize any of the compartment cleaners and the berthing wasn't quite right.
Finally realized I must have crashed in the wrong berthing so I climbed the ladder to go to my berthing.
That's when the real panick set in because when I popped up out if berthing it was pretty clear that I was on the wrong fucking SHIP!
Underway, in the Med.
Fuck me in the ass with a nonskid dildo! That was embarrassing as hell!
Had to find the command Masterchief of the wrong ship and get transferred by small boat back to my own ship.
Surprisingly, I didn't get in any serious trouble because everyone was laughing at me so much.