Mix and match springs?

WudzRydr

Hey everyone. Brand new to Jeeps. I just bought an 06 Rubicon last week with a Rubicon express 3.5 inch lift in it with bilstein shocks. I just noticed one of the springs is broken.

Would it be possible to swap in a set of 4 inch Pro Comp springs in place of them? Would there be any adverse effects from the extra half inch?

Pics of the kit and and springs for reference.
04e80d397f808cd5d951bf06001a1e16.jpg
6d48ba7f8858225dea2b1af46215b17e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

You will be fine as long as you replace them in pairs on the same axle. I would go with a better spring than the pro comps though. Like Clayton’s or something

Reactions: WudzRydr
Ok, thanks. I want to do all 4. I don't trust the rest now. I'm working on a bit of a budget right now with it. It needs a few other things mechanically and I just want to get it through a safety cert and on the road for spring.

Hopefully I'll have the cash available to park it next winter and build it the way I want. I plan on keeping it around for a while [emoji106]

One thing that you will see first hand is that the advertised spring lifts often don't match what happens on your vehicle.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
Yeah the broken one is on the front. Being nose high is what I'm worried about. The kit that's in it now has been in there a good while and I think it's sagging. Plus I usually carry a couple hundred lbs in tools around with me for work.

05 Blue: I wish I could get them at that price. They'd be over 250 a pair by the time it gets up here with exchange, shipping and duty. The screengrab above was local pricing in cdn.

4" OME springs are on sale at DPG offroad for 167.00/pair

What are the spring rates for OME 4" coils? Im planning on upgrading my old superlift springs, at least the rears. I cant remember the free length of the fronts but they are actually pretty long