MML vs Low Profile Transmission Mount

I this the Savvy skid? Jeff at Rokmen told me that all that's needed is a 1/2" body lift for the Rokmen skid plate. He never mentioned anything about having to dent the body at all.

@jjvw has the Savvy skid system, not the Rokmen skid. Rokmen's skid doesn't tuck up as high, so you'll probably be ok.

Reactions: jjvw and Chris
Because it doesn't move the T-case as far as the Savvy skid, probably.

This is what I was thinking too. Everything on the Rokmen website lists the skid plate as a bolt-on affair as long as you have a 1" MML and a 1/2" body lift.

@Chris, you could do a little pre measuring to see where you might have issues prior to installing the skid. Take a straight edge to the mounting face of the Rokmen skid and measure to the mating surface of the trany mount plate. Get that measurement, then unbolt your trany mount from your factory skid and jack up the TC to that measurement. You'll find out pretty quick where the tight spots may be.

Reactions: Chris
With the Rokmen skid I needed a 1" MML, a 1.2" body lift, a CV driveshaft, adjustable control arms, and the Savvy transfer case shifter.

You gain 2.25" of clearance over stock (on Rubicon models), which is equivalent to increasing the tire size by roughly 4+ inches.
Well, actually, as you know, it’s not equivalent to increasing tire size by 4”. It only lifts the belly. Diffs stay the same. Lets be realistic, you can’t beat tires for lift. It’s the only mod that lifts everything.

Reactions: derekmac
Well, actually, as you know, it’s not equivalent to increasing tire size by 4”. It only lifts the belly. Diffs stay the same. Lets be realistic, you can’t beat tires for lift. It’s the only mod that lifts everything.
Raising the belly is still a very significant and meaningful mod. Increasing the break over angle makes a huge difference in crawling capabilities.

2003 Rubicon

I would say increasing the break over angle

It is indeed equivalent to increasing tire size by 4” as it relates to the belly pan. Which happens to be what we are talking about :p

Flattening the belly on a TJ is something that can’t be overlooked. The stock belly pan is a friggin shovel, especially on Rubicon models.

Reactions: Steven_Olson
I've read thru many of the "build" threads here, but CRS (can't remember sheet) is setting in!
What would be cool is if responses here brought us up to speed as to what mods were necessary to complete the tummy tuck.
I.E:
Which skid
Which transfer case
Body lift? If yes how much
Motor mount
Lo-Pro trans mount
Did you have to dent the tub?
TJ or LJ?
etc.

Reactions: KCsTJ
So, what I've gleaned from this conversation thus far is that the UCF mount transmits engine idle vibrations through the vehicle due to reduced bushing size. What about the Nth Degree mount? @Rob5589, did you ever get yours delivered yet? I'm curious to know what the results are once you get it installed. Is your rig an automatic, or standard transmission? Still curious about the potential for there to be clearance issues between the manual trans shifter and the center console.

Raising the belly is still a very significant and meaningful mod. Increasing the break over angle makes a huge difference in crawling capabilities.

2003 Rubicon
Of course, but it is a false statement that a 2.25” TT is equivalent to 4+ larger tire size (except at the belly). Tire size of 4+” is a more significant mod. These are just facts

Reactions: KCsTJ
Of course, but it is a false statement that a 2.25” TT is equivalent to 4+ larger tire size (except at the belly). Tire size of 4+” is a more significant mod. These are just facts
It's just an easy way to describe the additional clearance. Nothing more.

2003 Rubicon

It's just an easy way to describe the additional clearance. Nothing more.

2003 Rubicon
I’m aware, but usually people will actually say, “equivalent to what the TCase is seeing.”

So, what I've gleaned from this conversation thus far is that the UCF mount transmits engine idle vibrations through the vehicle due to reduced bushing size. What about the Nth Degree mount? @Rob5589, did you ever get yours delivered yet? I'm curious to know what the results are once you get it installed. Is your rig an automatic, or standard transmission? Still curious about the potential for there to be clearance issues between the manual trans shifter and the center console.
I posted a similar question in the TT thread in frequently asked questions. I want to know more about the Nth TT, which says no BL needed.
https://www.nthdegreemobility.com/wrangler_tummy_tucker_03_06_tjlj_automatic

I posted a similar question in the TT thread in frequently asked questions. I want to know more about the Nth TT, which says no BL needed.
https://www.nthdegreemobility.com/wrangler_tummy_tucker_03_06_tjlj_automatic
Well, sure enough...there it is. I never saw that post. So maybe we just doubled the chances of getting an answer...? o_O Looks like @ToddL also ordered the Nth Degree LPTM, so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of it. I think he just ordered the mount, though, and not the TT.

Well, sure enough...there it is. I never saw that post. So maybe we just doubled the chances of getting an answer...? o_O Looks like @ToddL also ordered the Nth Degree LPTM, so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of it. I think he just ordered the mount, though, and not the TT.
I got the complete TT. I’ll give an install report when i start.

The Nth mount uses 2 bushings to isolate, so maybe it'll be better? The bushings still look small compared to the amount of rubber used in a stock mount to isolate vibes.

The Nth mount uses 2 bushings to isolate, so maybe it'll be better? The bushings still look small compared to the amount of rubber used in a stock mount to isolate vibes.
Yep, my fear, but it'll be interesting to get the reports. I wonder if we called Nth if they would describe the difference in vibrations from stock TMount? We could even couch it in the context that the UCF LoPro is known to have vibes. Then they might be prompted to describe a comparison on that front too. Of course, I'm going for a full tuck later, so the info is not too valuable to me except to help others...

Yep, my fear, but it'll be interesting to get the reports. I wonder if we called Nth if they would describe the difference in vibrations from stock TMount? We could even couch it in the context that the UCF LoPro is known to have vibes. Then they might be prompted to describe a comparison on that front too. Of course, I'm going for a full tuck later, so the info is not too valuable to me except to help others...
Does a link exist to look at said Nth mount? I've seen it mentioned in the TT description, but not seen an actual photo of what we're talking about as far as the TMount in question.

You can see it in parts here, along with the two rubber bushings. It reminds me of the AEV transmission mount.
79742.jpg

Reactions: Ephry73