Utah Moab 2024 JuneFest 9th-15th

Not what you want to read after some of us just drove through here.

Man, 72, killed and woman hurt in knife attack at Nebraska highway rest area​

GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (AP) — An attempted robbery at a highway rest area in eastern Nebraska left a 72-year-old man dead and a 71-year-old woman critically injured in a knife attack Wednesday, authorities said.

The Hall County Sheriff’s office said deputies were called to an Interstate 80 rest area shortly after 7 a.m. Wednesday and found both victims with knife wounds.

The man from Eureka, Missouri, died at a Grand Island hospital. The woman is in critical condition at the hospital with life-threatening injuries, authorities said. She is also from Eureka.

The suspect fled the rest area in a vehicle before authorities arrived, but Grand Island Police Captain Dean Elliott told television station KSNB that officers were able to get a description.

The Nebraska State Patrol tried to stop a vehicle matching that description near Wood River before that vehicle exited the interstate and turned south. Elliott said the vehicle eventually drove into the Platte River before the suspect was arrested.

It wasn’t immediately clear what charges the 22-year-old man from Elyria, Ohio, will face.

The victims were not immediately identified because authorities are still notifying family members.

https://apnews.com/article/highway-...ife-homicide-6c296ae495ef8255311c7bb7b67a8722

So its that time of year. My spare truck, a 94 GMC chassis cab, is going back into summer mode as the fire truck on our place.

I put the 425 gal tank back on and as it was filling, I also bolted the pump back onto the flatbed. This requires a 1/2” deep socket (the same one Ben used to remove his shock after the lower mount broke in Moab last week). We couldn’t find one of the nuts after he pulled the shock and once Jeff re-welded the bracket on later, Ben had to make a couple of trips to a store in town to find another (apparently it was hot laying on the asphalt under his Jeep while trying to figure out the correct nut and replace it… twice).

Anyhow, I checked the socket and didn’t see the nut on the trail but look what I found today!
IMG_7112.jpeg

I texted Ben and offered to mail it back. He said (I’m paraphrasing here) F-OFF!
Sorry Ben.

So its that time of year. My spare truck, a 94 GMC chassis cab, is going back into summer mode as the fire truck on our place.

I put the 425 gal tank back on and as it was filling, I also bolted the pump back onto the flatbed. This requires a 1/2” deep socket (the same one Ben used to remove his shock after the lower mount broke in Moab last week). We couldn’t find one of the nuts after he pulled the shock and once Jeff re-welded the bracket on later, Ben had to make a couple of trips to a store in town to find another (apparently it was hot laying on the asphalt under his Jeep while trying to figure out the correct nut and replace it… twice).

Anyhow, I checked the socket and didn’t see the nut on the trail but look what I found today!
View attachment 536998
I texted Ben and offered to mail it back. He said (I’m paraphrasing here) F-OFF!
Sorry Ben.

I feel better about not seeing it on the ground now.

You make it look sooo easy.. Nice.
Ryan does really well with that thing. It’s interesting to me that my TJ on 35s seems to drag its butt more than his LJ on 35s. I think despite the longer rear overhang, the longer wheelbase means it doesn’t have stand up as near vertical as a TJ on many of these climbs.

Reactions: Apparition and JMT
Ryan does really well with that thing. It’s interesting to me that my TJ on 35s seems to drag its butt more than his LJ on 35s. I think despite the longer rear overhang, the longer wheelbase means it doesn’t have stand up as near vertical as a TJ on many of these climbs.

Getting rid of my rear tire carrier bumper and the tire made a significant improvement. A couple of those climbs I couldn’t do in the past because that bumper and tire were an anchor in the sand.

I also ran more tire pressure this year than previous and it seemed to like it more.

Getting rid of my rear tire carrier bumper and the tire made a significant improvement. A couple of those climbs I couldn’t do in the past because that bumper and tire were an anchor in the sand.
I certainly agree spares on the back often don’t work on these trails.
I also ran more tire pressure this year than previous and it seemed to like it more.
What were your old and new pressures?

What were your old and new pressures?

I'll have to check the pressure that I ran. I didn't use my ARB deflator to lower them I used the tool I air up with so it doesn't give the lower pressure readings. I only went by how the tire looked and then used an undocumented mark on the dial to match everything to it.

In the past I've run as low as 6 psi which had significantly more tire bulge than this year.

• Wow
Reactions: lBasket and Woodrow
I don't follow this guy but... 4 lugs? Why? Doesn't look like a <100hp 90s Japanese car

IIRC, early on he only had 4 lugnuts on a couple wheels so one of the guys called his rig the "4 lug thug" then the guy had graphics added for him and they left it.

It's a buggy, I don't know what he's got in it for an engine.

Reactions: lBasket
IIRC, early on he only had 4 lugnuts on a couple wheels so one of the guys called his rig the "4 lug thug" then the guy had graphics added for him and they left it.

It's a buggy, I don't know what he's got in it for an engine.

It looks like he still has 4lug hubs!

I guess it must work cos seems like he'd have the knowhow to change it if it didn't lol

Reactions: Apparition