Utah Moab June Fest 2023 Week of June 11th

I want to make it happen I think I will be able to most likely, I am planning other trips but they're looking like August... If so I'll probably end up coming with blue JK guy again hopefully I can find some time to figure something out in the next few weeks

We will be arriving Sunday night and most likely wheeling with you all four of the days. A buddy of mine is also bringing out his stock tacoma, but his plan is just to mt bike the whole week while we are wheeling and I will most likely take Friday to mt bike with him all day (actual day will depend on the wheeling schedule). I will also try to mt bike with him a few of the afternoons depending on the heat. I think I have him talked in to taking his Tacoma on Top of the World (I will babysit and spot him) but if anyone would have an extra seat for him and his girlfriend possibly we can talk them into joining us a few other days (minus the tacoma).

Woodrow, bring your mt bike. We will most likely hit SlickRock and the Brand trails in the afternoon after wheeling, and the day we go mt biking we will probably go to Navajo Rocks which is a fun 17 mile loop.

We should get a list of trails together that everyone wants to run.

Pritchett is the one I personally want to do.

I think the kids would like Fins and Hells. There’s still a couple things on Hells I’d like to do too.

Yeah. Hells and Fins in the morning and then mt bike slickrock in the afternoon would be a good day. Pritchett is a good day, I would like to hit rusty nail with golden spike and rail, and top of the world. I am game for others as well

Yeah. Hells and Fins in the morning and then mt bike slickrock in the afternoon would be a good day. Pritchett is a good day, I would like to hit rusty nail with golden spike and rail, and top of the world. I am game for others as well

The trifecta Rusty Nail version sounds good.

I’m thinking about when we ran Top of the World last year and I was thinking some of those ledges are fairly sizable for a stock Tacoma, does it have lockers?

Reactions: reddvltj
Yeah, the trivecta should be a day.

It does not have lockers, but I thought it you stayed hard right or left there was a way around those steps? You know I go right for the hard line so I don't pay attention.

Yeah, the trivecta should be a day.

It does not have lockers, but I thought it you stayed hard right or left there was a way around those steps? You know I go right for the hard line so I don't pay attention.

@MagnumV8 how do you remember it?

I’d take a stock truck on fins.

I'll be cutting it close. And I've still got to diagnose my motorhome issues. I sure ain't driving the Jeep all the way down there and back. So I've got to get the Jeep done and figure out the MH.

I'm pretty much game for whatever you all want to do but I've only got the one request. And that is Pritchett Canyon if I'm there.
I've always tried to do all the harder trails while I was down there so I haven't done some of the more popular scenic trails. I've never been to the crack for instance.

We will be arriving Sunday night and most likely wheeling with you all four of the days. A buddy of mine is also bringing out his stock tacoma, but his plan is just to mt bike the whole week while we are wheeling and I will most likely take Friday to mt bike with him all day (actual day will depend on the wheeling schedule). I will also try to mt bike with him a few of the afternoons depending on the heat. I think I have him talked in to taking his Tacoma on Top of the World (I will babysit and spot him) but if anyone would have an extra seat for him and his girlfriend possibly we can talk them into joining us a few other days (minus the tacoma).

Woodrow, bring your mt bike. We will most likely hit SlickRock and the Brand trails in the afternoon after wheeling, and the day we go mt biking we will probably go to Navajo Rocks which is a fun 17 mile loop.
I will bring at least my Ripmo and maybe a hardtail as well. We are making a long excursion of it and have a place in Moab from June 9-19. I’m looking forward to riding and wheeling with you.

Yeah. getting older, too. And with all the rain (and actually a little snow again this am) the conditioning for MTB ain’t happenin’ yet🙄

I'll be honest, I've looked at some of the electric bikes that are more mountain bike style but it's not what I want to spend $5-8K on right now.

I had a mountain bike while I was in Iraq. Used it to get around the base I was on. Funny to remember riding it with a M4 strap across my back and a 9mm on my hip. That was 19 years ago now and I'm a lot OLDER and fatter now.

I'll be honest, I've looked at some of the electric bikes that are more mountain bike style but it's not what I want to spend $5-8K on right now.

I had a mountain bike while I was in Iraq. Used it to get around the base I was on. Funny to remember riding it with a M4 strap across my back and a 9mm on my hip. That was 19 years ago now and I'm a lot OLDER and fatter now.

Those e-bikes are fun in a moto kindof way. But yeah, very pricey.

Iraq is probably a lot different than any biking I’ve done! I‘d definitely carry all I could in there (M4 and 9mm sounds right). I thought about having a knife or pistol when I ride alone in the mountains a long time ago. But, I spend all this time, thought and $ keeping my bike light and I didn’t want 5# of 1911 holding me back on the the climbs. Plus, I fall off a lot. I had a knife come unsheathed in a wreck and I’m lucky I didn’t land on it. I did have a very close encounter with (and obviously survived) a mountain lion bigger than me once but honestly I‘m much more concerned about people than animals.

The Jeep Jamboree A month or so ago, I signed up for the same trails for both days. Got "They are the same trails" response. I told them all the other trails were just scenic trails. I have been to Sedona. I got my fill of scenic trails. I wanted to do the hard stuff.

My thoughts on Moab, I want to do Pritchett everyday. Then I remembered there are a lot of iconic obstacles elsewhere in Moab.

Speaking of Cliffhanger in the other thread.

Watching the Jeep at the beginning of the trail on this video is comical. Just ram the rock wall over and over.

Did that guy have a seat belt on? I think he flew a foot out of his seat on one of those rams.
edit: I know no one knows the answer, I was just commenting because I don't think he did.