Montana TJ Unlimited parts magnet

• Thread starter Cross-Threaded-06TJ
  • Start date
What's the thing about Yellowstone ruining MT?

The TV show Yellowstone hasn't had the best impact on the area I live in. The majority of people here are not fans and are tired of the amount of tourists it's brought in.

I live about 10 miles north of where they shoot the ranch scenes in Darby Montana.

Oh well. I had too much caffeine this AM and my shop door windows face the street that is extremely busy with vehicles. I see several Yellowstone film trucks each day. I even saw Kevin Costner in an f150 one day. I wanted to flip him off.

I mean, dances with wolves is a great movie. But they can end the series soon. Please. I watched a few episodes and the red head chick getting out of the water trough naked was cool, but it's pretty gay after that.

The TV show Yellowstone hasn't had the best impact on the area I live in. The majority of people here are not fans and are tired of the amount of tourists it's brought in.

I live about 10 miles north of where they shoot the ranch scenes in Darby Montana.

Oh well. I had too much caffeine this AM and my shop door windows face the street that is extremely busy with vehicles. I see several Yellowstone film trucks each day. I even saw Kevin Costner in an f150 one day. I wanted to flip him off.

I mean, dances with wolves is a great movie. But they can end the series soon. Please. I watched a few episodes and the red head chick getting out of the water trough naked was cool, but it's pretty gay after that.

Your last paragraph has me rolling. I get it. We lived in a tourist town for 16 years. Fredericksburg, TX. Pretty fun at first. Then you get sick of it. We moved. Don’t want to go back except for one bar and their margaritas, and an occasional red head. 🤣 Welcome to the last frontier. They won’t stop coming. 🙄 They ruin everything good.

And our governor even has a place there.

Have a similar issue here with Longmire.

Fun fact. I moved here from CA. (Refugee) Cosner grew up three houses down from the house my wife grew up in. Just can't escape that guy.

You guys let yourself get Californiaized. Just nuke Billings and put a fence around it like we plan to do with Jackson. You might have hope after that.

The Postman was highly underrated.

Reactions: Wildman
Isn't Longmire shot in New Mexico? I know the Longmire cabin is in Valle Grande National Monument in NM

It is. But it is supposed to take place in the City of Buffalo, WY. Though it's called something else in the series. That is where the writer lives. Busy Bee is located there, etc. Longmire days was less than a month ago. The actors show up, there are private events, a parade, etc.

Btw my profile photo was taken in NM at the range just outside of Suck-or-o.

It is. But it is supposed to take place in the City of Buffalo, WY. Though it's called something else in the series. That is where the writer lives. Busy Bee is located there, etc. Longmire days was less than a month ago. The actors show up, there are private events, a parade, etc.

Btw my profile photo was taken in NM at the range just outside of Suck-or-o.

Longmire days. Ha

I don't know how far you've gotten on your hoop but found this one FB and it's close to what your front bumper looks like. Gives you a idea what it might look like.

1663651860199.png

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
I ordered new wheels also. I like the white. But decided to switch to alloy.

And these rusted quickly, so I went through the trouble to remove the tires at my friends garage, who has a tire machine.

Then have them powder coated. Not happy to say, they did a very shitty job. I wanted to get angry, but I was recommended to try them by my boss. So I paid the bill. And left. Now I'm over these wheels. I'll keep them in storage.

But it's funny how a crappy job like that just ruins something for me. I swung by the shop I wanted to use. And he wasn't surprised, he also charges alot more than the place I went to. But does excellent work. I figured, steel wheels in white? I'll give the place my boss knows a chance.

My boss will not return there now either.

I went with mickey Thompson classic 3 in black 15x8". 11lbs lighter per wheel than the current steelies.

500xmickey_thompson_classic_iii_black_15x10.jpg

Reactions: DuncLJ and Wildman
Summit Racing had a 100$ off voucher for fall, on orders over 1000$. If anybody has stuff they need from summit. They had the best price on these wheels also. So, tossed an OME steering stabilizer in there. Not having any issues, just wanted it to match my shocks. 🤓

You may have covered this earlier, but do you have any thoughts positive or negative on those hood latches?

Positive only so far. I am not running the center hood catch currently. Because I have the PSC dual cooler and the stock center catch rubs it. So I removed it and run this style which cannot come undone at highway speeds. That is the only reason they are on there. I probably could have made the center part work. But didn't want to.

Reactions: Wildman
Positive only so far. I am not running the center hood catch currently. Because I have the PSC dual cooler and the stock center catch rubs it. So I removed it and run this style which cannot come undone at highway speeds. That is the only reason they are on there. I probably could have made the center part work. But didn't want to.

Good to hear as I need new hood latches for mine and been trying to decide what to go with.