Most Beautiful Jeep ever?

DHunt

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Maybe.

tumblr_pcamw61rIc1rqw188o1_1280.jpg

Wow, you're a tough judge! It's probably deliberate since the frames on the panels are more or less one color. I think the contrast is very tasteful. If it isn't untouched, I'd say it's the next best thing. Plus, it looks like it gets to kick ass on a regular basis.

Reactions: tquig01
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Some folks probably don't like my Jeep but that's what makes this community great. I do like the rig overall- looks like a monster!

Of course! I'm not concerned with convincing you, even if I could. I'm telling you the reasons for the way I think. This truck pays respect to it's history and is still up for a tough trail today. Hard not to like that.

When it is natural, it looks good. That just looks too contrived. Like they intentionally tried to make it look that way rather than it actually looking that way through use.
If it was done that way intentionally (which I believe it was, based on the appearance), then it was a poor execution, in my opinion. I love the look of "faux patina" when it has been done properly. I did one car that way myself (one guy referred to it as a "reverse restoration"), and everyone at the show who spoke to me about it believed it was authentic until I revealed the truth. That Willys guy had the right idea, but missed the mark (bearing in mind that all opinions are worth exactly what you paid for them, and no more...). ;)

Reactions: Head Lice
When it is natural, it looks good. That just looks too contrived. Like they intentionally tried to make it look that way rather than it actually looking that way through use.
That is why OEM TJs looks good all the time he-heh
I wish they restored the OEM "skinny" wheels.

Reactions: tquig01
So let me get this right, you guys complain about rust but you like the way it looks on vehicles? ;)
Yes. :D
It isn't "rust", per se, as much as it is a weathered look. Like it's something you dragged out of a field and put back on the road. You either love it, or you don't. I'm in the camp of the former. ;)