Most Beautiful Jeep ever?

I see the high end collector cars and think, only if I had a garage worthy of a rig like that. I see Sancho's Powerwagon and think only if I lived in Alaska or (Insert your wilderness here) Specialty tools sit on the shelf, mostly. My TJ is a screwdriver/pry bar/hole punch/wedge/whatever.

Oh lord.. I thought that truck was a jeep. I saw that video a year or so back.. guess i incorrectly catalogged in my noggin.

1ac1fb6c886a863b42b5f80b221168032d5655d4.gif

Reactions: Squatch and Jack72
At the risk of being obvious.............most of that variation in color is from someone using a dual action sander to remove paint, leaving bare metal. The blue green is plastic (Bondo) filler. The look is an attempt to get it ready to paint. I love the Jeep but he/she should have left it alone or should finish it. I would love to take it of their hands though! I owned one of those in 1973 and it was old then.

Reactions: Squatch
I'd agree that the ultimate body on something like that is the perfect unrestored, showing it's age,patina. This is right up there tight, in my opinion. Yeah, it's ground down to show each previous owners contribution. Bondo is part of the story. She's taken some wacks. The Beauty is in the story. But wait, there's more. Not only will this bitch charm you with her looks, she's ready to kick ass on the trail. Oh my. Check those tires & suspension. Makes you want to check under her hood, no?

To get the best affect, you want to have the paint be thin (or even nonexistent) in areas where that would happen naturally through exposure to the weather and/or sun. The tops of fenders, especially on the curves, and areas of body sculpting are where you want that look. Flat, horizontal body panels also work, with the edges of said panels having less remaining paint than the larger areas. The "wear" on the vertical panels on that rig is just a little too unnatural, in my opinion.