MountaineerTom's 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Really nice work, the door panels look great. 🍻
Wow, nice work! Those look great đź‘Ś

Thanks. I do the easy stuff; sanding, painting, etc. My buddy Will does all the metal work.

It’s been a long time coming on finishing up these doors. Hopefully I’ll be able to start running them in the next month of so. We’re going to try to paint them next week.

Reactions: DuncLJ
Replaced the 1-1/4 inch Rough Country seat lifts with 1 inch kit from eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SR-CNC-Mac...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
F6825660-9D79-4BAC-8B60-725D59C5AC29.jpeg

5E0826B4-B710-44A9-9DD9-8B7DC4CC0901.jpeg

Reactions: Irun and Nickgsjeep
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Set up my radio mount that I got from @Zorba to hold my GPS and phone using various Ram Mount components. With the phone mounted in the X grip, it just barely sticks out into view through the windshield. I may be able to get it out with some more fine tuning adjustments.

In an earlier post, I had put the GPS on my Arizona Rocky Road overhead radio mount. I took it off the overhead mount because it ended up being at a bad distance for my eyes to be able to focus on it quickly.

8F12A42C-E761-49CF-B631-9391A0AE55C4.jpeg

A648231F-5B4C-4DAA-AC43-3613290307D6.jpeg
97CD90C0-89D6-4669-BC8F-58A811FF967B.jpeg

Last edited:
Set up my radio mount that I got from @Zorba to hold my GPS and phone using various Ram Mount components. With the phone mounted in the X grip, it just barely sticks out into view through the windshield. I may be able to get it out with some more fine tuning adjustments.

In an earlier post, I had put the GPS on my Arizona Rocky Road overhead radio mount. I took it off the overhead mount because it ended up being at a bad distance for my eyes to be able to focus on it quickly.

View attachment 236086
View attachment 236087View attachment 236088
I see you left that stick-on pad on it - kinda makes sense, huh? But if I'd known you were gonna use it for a smartphone, I woulda charged you more! :D ;)

Just got back from another trip to the Outer Banks yesterday.
IMG_1499 - Copy (2).JPG

IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1546.JPG
IMG_1554.JPG

Part of my routine after returning is to wash it real good, flush the frame out really well and then clean the underside really well. I hit every hole in the frame with the hose for a while then run the sprinkler under it in about 6 different places for 15 minutes each.
IMG_1569.JPG

Removed the top and installed the safari top. Going to try to leave it on until winter. We'll see who wins, me or the summer time heat and humidity. :)
IMG_1571 - Copy.JPG

I've put my project of relocating the WARN controller under the hood on hold for now. I haven't had time to make a mount and don't see having a lot anytime soon, so I just hooked it all back up with the short controller cables and mounted it back on top of the winch for now.

View attachment 229037

I FINALLY got this winch controller pack relocation project done. Man, it seems to take me forever to get things done. Anyway, here's what I did.

I did the Buick Air Box mod previously, so I used these three holes as my mounting points. The three bolts install from the underside.
1.jpg

Got longer cables from Batterycablesusa.com and got them on the controller box. I thought 3 feet would do it, but I actually needed about 4 feet to have a little bit of slack available. The original positive and negative cables that came with the winch were reused.
2.JPG

I got this mounting plate from WARN off of Amazon or eBay, I don't remember which one.
3.JPG
4.JPG

I cut some pieces of 1 inch square tubing that I had laying around...
5.JPG

...welded them together into this, added some nutserts and painted it with some Rustoleum Textured paint.
6.JPG
7.JPG

Then mounted the controller too it. I drilled new holes in the plate because the upturned sides wanted to collapse when I tightened it down. It's originally designed to have the heads of bolts in there and those are supposed to keep them from spinning when tightening the nut from the underside.
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG

Installed everything, routed and zip tied cables securely. I used and old radiator hose as a sleeve to run the cables under the radiator and out to the winch. I also used a couple pieces of the old radiator hose to protect the cables where they were close to the edges of the inside of the fender.
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG

Everything tested and finalized.
15.JPG

This one is on my long list of stuff left to do. Your previous air box modification allowed for a clean installation here and minimized the addition of extra wiring. Nicely done! (y)

This one is on my long list of stuff left to do. Your previous air box modification allowed for a clean installation here and minimized the addition of extra wiring. Nicely done! (y)

Thanks.

I’m not thrilled about the placement of the end of the intake tube on the filter housing. I was hoping to be able to turn it out towards the battery but the A/C lines are in the way. It works and will stay that way for now, unless I come up with a different way to route it.

I’m going to come up with a way to mount an auxiliary fuse block in that space to the rear of the winch controller and beside the OEM fuse block.

Reactions: Irun
Finally, FINALLY got these half doors done. It took forever.

IMG_2310.JPG
IMG_2311.JPG
IMG_2312.JPG
IMG_2315.JPG
IMG_2317.JPG

The upper door seals...I think the fronts are fine just hanging down in the door gap, but what do people do with the extra at the back of the door?

Just cut the excess off and let is sit in the gap between the upper and lower door?

IMG_2313.JPG
IMG_2314.JPG