Moved to Arizona and finally bought my first Jeep

R3ID05TJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
When I type hello it always auto corrects to help. It knows me too well. Been in Arizona a couple years now. Been wanting a Jeep for far longer. Had a Mini Cooper Countryman S All4 that started nickel and diming me for thousands but it was so much fun to drive. It was time to move on and get a vehicle I could enjoy more in Arizona. I finally started my search for the perfect TJ.

Fast forward about 6 months of hardcore searching every day and letting a few slip through my fingers then on the day before Christmas a dealer I had been working with on sourcing me a Jeep texted me they just got one in and so I had to wait 2 days until the day after Christmas to finally buy this 05 Rocky Mountain edition with 53,000 miles. 4.0 auto with soft top and half doors. She's super clean almost brand new condition.

Been loving it ever since. Biggest regrets in life is that I didn't move to Arizona sooner and get a Jeep a long time ago.

Can't wait to build it up and go wheeling and meet other Jeep owners.

IMG_20210105_134242.jpg
IMG_20201226_104523.jpg
IMG_20210113_133938.jpg

Thanks. I plan to do everything to it over time. Suspension, tires, wheels, bumpers etc. I spend pretty much every day window shopping for stuff. I really wanted a hard top and full doors but quickly became a fan of the half doors. I still want a hard top eventually. And maybe the bulldawg half door windows with sliders.

I already took off the nerf bars. One was missing a step pad. Been window shopping for rock sliders.

I am not far from you at all being in Florence, Arizona.

If you like to go wheeling we Arizona members go all the time. See this thread if you’d like to be added to our list of members who like to wheel in Arizona:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/list-of-arizona-members-who-like-to-go-off-roading.45756/
That's awesome. I saw that thread. I'll prolly add my name soon. Are there any active Jeep clubs anymore or just a bunch of guys always getting together wheeling here and there now days.

That's awesome. I saw that thread. I'll prolly add my name soon. Are there any active Jeep clubs anymore or just a bunch of guys always getting together wheeling here and there now days.

Well I'm not sure how a bunch of guys getting together and wheeling is much different than a "club", but often times we do more than just wheel, so there is that (y)

Not all of our wheeling is intense either. Often times we just do scenic stuff that is mild and easy.

Reactions: Vasq
Welcome to the Jeep family. I am also in Tucson. My wife found a club on Facebook called Tucsonjeeps. We've been out with them a couple times. Good group but at times we've had a ton of jeeps show up (50 once) so it can get a bit crowded. They do the trails at Reddington pass from time to time.
I've met up with the forum guys near Phoenix a couple of times and we are planning a trip to Sedona later in February. Good people and they really know their stuff about Jeeps.

Awesome stuff guys nice to meet everybody online. Can't wait to get out there. I have a buddy that wheels in Reddington pass often and over at Chivo falls. I've only seen pics of that place it looks awesome. One of my buddies just did a long weekend in Sedona with a side by side and rubbed it in my face about how amazing it was. That's been on my bucket list to check out too.

Quick question. Do a lot of guys actually still use CB radios when off roading in Jeeps? Should I add one to my long list of everything else I want to buy for my Jeep?

Quick question. Do a lot of guys actually still use CB radios when off roading in Jeeps? Should I add one to my long list of everything else I want to buy for my Jeep?
Welcome from another AZ member! Seems like CB vs GMRS is a mixed bag depending on the groups of people you go with. I chose CB since, from my experience, it still seems to be the more broadly used of the two. I already had an inexpensive set of Midland FRS/GMRS radios ($60 for the pair) and I bring them along so I'm covered either way (I think I may have used them twice for Jeep runs).

Awesome stuff guys nice to meet everybody online. Can't wait to get out there. I have a buddy that wheels in Reddington pass often and over at Chivo falls. I've only seen pics of that place it looks awesome. One of my buddies just did a long weekend in Sedona with a side by side and rubbed it in my face about how amazing it was. That's been on my bucket list to check out too.
I did Chiva Falls a few months back. Most difficult trail I've done so far. The Three Feathers portion is a good challenge and some of the guys left with damage. Broken drive shaft, lower control arm and a bumper pointing in the wrong direction were some of the casualties. There are parts that can be done in a stock Jeep. That trail showed why a good set of rock sliders are a good investment.
Regarding a CB, I have one, as well as a GMRS. Like DaveC said, seems like more people use CBs.

Nice looking TJ, Bulldawg sliders are nice (I have a set). @R3ID05TJ just curious - where did you escape from?
Good question and I don't like to speak too loud on the subject because I escaped that communist country fair and square. I used to love it in the Chicago area of Illinois but the state is quickly going down and Chicago is the captain of that titanic. And plus there was the weather. It was negative 50s when the movers were loading up my house. That same week, 80s and sunny out here in beautiful Arizona. Like I said, biggest regret is that I didn't get out here sooner.

Interesting so gmrs and cb just to be covered in case. Sounds good.

I've seen videos of a buddy doing chiva falls in a huge old diesel blazer and get no damage. But he did say at least one in their group suffered damage. It looks tricky from the videos I've seen. But if the falls are running it looks like an amazing area and totally worth it.

Welcome to the forum! Great that you found such a nice Jeep with such low miles!

I'll tell ya that the forum's not only a place that's chock full of people with helpful Jeep knowledge, but it's also full of great folks that are fun to talk to and wheel with!

So, enjoy! And prepare to empty your wallet! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: R3ID05TJ and Alex01