Arizona Tree Lighting in Arizona?

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
I am a transplant to Arizona from Washington, Every year in Washington, they have an annual tree lighting ceremony in Leavenworth. It was really fun, it was a small little German town, and usually had a lot of snow. We would go up and do some sledding then have some dinner, and meet in the center of town where the locals would sing Christmas carols, and light up the trees and the city Christmas time every year.

I was wondering if there was anything like that in Arizona? I know Payson gets snow just about every year. Does anybody know of any tree lighting Ceremonies in Arizona?

Reactions: Squatch
Maybe palm trees? Haha

I used to live in the East Valley for a long time and I never once heard of a Christmas tree lighting. Then again, I didn't have kids then, so I was probably out of the loop.

Reactions: ac_
This was taken in Fountain Hills, Arizona. Does this count? :lol:
620473_419161584787889_506269046_o[1].jpg

I am a transplant to Arizona from Washington, Every year in Washington, they have an annual tree lighting ceremony in Leavenworth. It was really fun, it was a small little German town, and usually had a lot of snow. We would go up and do some sledding then have some dinner, and meet in the center of town where the locals would sing Christmas carols, and light up the trees and the city Christmas time every year.

I was wondering if there was anything like that in Arizona? I know Payson gets snow just about every year. Does anybody know of any tree lighting Ceremonies in Arizona?
Yes and no. The usual do a tre lighting at yhe capital. But no snow.

However after Christmas there is the annual Christmas tree burning that happens at Sycamore Creek. I haven't been there in years but it's fun to watch a couple of times

Prescott lights the courthouse on Dec 1.

They also have "Acker Night" on Dec 7, where many of the downtown businesses are open and have live music from local bands and groups. I believe they raise money for local music instruction.

http://www.visit-prescott.com/event/2018-acker-music-night/

We went in 2016 and it was fun. No snow, but definitely chilly!

Reactions: TJFett and ac_
It depends on how far you want to drive. For something closer to what you'd be used to in Washington, I would say Flagstaff. They have their lighting on Dec. 1st, and Sedona has a lighting on Dec. 2nd.

Reactions: ac_ and Boinked
It depends on how far you want to drive. For something closer to what you'd be used to in Washington, I would say Flagstaff. They have their lighting on Dec. 1st, and Sedona has a lighting on Dec. 2nd.
I have lived in AZ for 41 years...... nevery heard of Hereford i had to Google it.

Reactions: ac_ and TJFett
I have lived in AZ for 41 years...... nevery heard of Hereford i had to Google it.

😂 I don't blame you. When I lived in Phoenix I just told people I used to live south of Tucson. Or sometimes I would just say Bisbee or Tombstone. I tried Sierra Vista at first but nobody knew where that was either haha.