My Bestop Is Torn!

Did you just fill out their “contact me” email form? That’s what I used this past Saturday. My back glass snapped in half this weekend while camping. All I could find on their site was the form to fill out for them to contact me. I was looking for an email address since it was on Saturday, I couldn’t call them but I couldn’t find an email address on their site.

Hoping I get the same result you did. My top was bought in Nov 2020.

View attachment 305952
Use this to contact them:
[email protected]

This is direct to customer service dept.
Yeah that’s the email I used. Heard back the same day, they’re just really backed up on orders. I hit them up right after thanksgiving, just got it today. They’ll want photos & a receipt.

Reactions: John Cooper
“Nice top broski, who makes it?”

“Says right there Jeep bro, fuggin BESTOP!!!!”

575190E3-83C7-4DCB-9F8F-A4B8371F15C4.jpeg

Getting this top on in 40F weather really beat the shit outta me lol.

“Nice top broski, who makes it?”

“Says right there Jeep bro, fuggin BESTOP!!!!”

View attachment 305997

Getting this top on in 40F weather really beat the shit outta me lol.
Wow I just received my twill Trektop on Friday and it’s below freezing here in PA. Can’t say it didn’t cross my mind to try and install it….

Wow I just received my twill Trektop on Friday and it’s below freezing here in PA. Can’t say it didn’t cross my mind to try and install it….
It's doable but absolutely not outside. I'd think you'd run the risk of breaking something.

I did mine in the garage with a propane heater & two overhead infrared heaters. Got the top on, connected the windows so they're just loose draped over the Jeep. Then I put a hose on the exhaust pipe, let the engine idle with the heat on high & the other heaters going for about an hour. That got the windows & fabric flexible enough to work with, but it was still a workout.

Oh, and I also used a heat gun on individual spots like the plastic under the windows. It was a real pain in the ass.

It's doable but absolutely not outside. I'd think you'd run the risk of breaking something.

I did mine in the garage with a propane heater & two overhead infrared heaters. Got the top on, connected the windows so they're just loose draped over the Jeep. Then I put a hose on the exhaust pipe, let the engine idle with the heat on high & the other heaters going for about an hour. That got the windows & fabric flexible enough to work with, but it was still a workout.

Oh, and I also used a heat gun on individual spots like the plastic under the windows. It was a real pain in the ass.
Yea fair enough. There’s an overwhelming amount of people/reviews that say to do it on a hot day so I’ll heed to that advice and not put myself thru the punishment.

Does the Bestop have to be purchased thru Bestop to have them honor warranty? I see they require photos and a receipt. What if it’s purchased thru Amazon?

Reactions: John Cooper
Yeah that’s the email I used. Heard back the same day, they’re just really backed up on orders. I hit them up right after thanksgiving, just got it today. They’ll want photos & a receipt.

I sent one to that email address as well - got the same exact automated email reply that the original “contact me” section generated. Just gave me a new ticket number. I’m sure they’ll get back to me shortly.

Thanks!

Does the Bestop have to be purchased thru Bestop to have them honor warranty? I see they require photos and a receipt. What if it’s purchased thru Amazon?
I bought mine through Amazon, got the new top piece today. They don't care where it was purchased.

I actually had a hard time remembering where I purchased it, and they were still going to warranty it anyway with the caveat that the new piece would have no warranty on it at all if I couldn't provide proof of purchase. Basically a one-time replacement and you're on your own. But, I finally found my Amazon receipt so now the new piece is warrantied.

I got a hold of Bestop today regarding my split back glass on my soft top from my previous post. They told me that since it was below 30° it wasn’t warrantied. They offered me a 50% off coupon (still haven’t received it via email yet), and said that the back piece could take 4-6 weeks to come in.

So I guess if it’s cold you’re not allowed to use your windows….

I got a hold of Bestop today regarding my split back glass on my soft top from my previous post. They told me that since it was below 30° it wasn’t warrantied. They offered me a 50% off coupon (still haven’t received it via email yet), and said that the back piece could take 4-6 weeks to come in.

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Below 30? I mean if you were up in Fairbanks AK I could see them saying that they don't build it to support temps at 40 below & you're on your own, but below 30 degrees seems like a temp that is experienced by the majority of the country.

I remember I was there the temp was 30.5

I ran across something similar years ago with my CJ, though with Chrysler (who did not give me any discounts) and not Bestop back then. It's now in the Owner's Manual for the TJ "If the temperature is 41 degrees F or below, do not attempt to put the top down or roll the rear or side curtains." I figured the "rear or side curtains" meant the windows.

Be honest. Did it break when you were flipping it up on top?
Yes, 💯. I was loading up my camping gear, and needed it out of the way. Its below 30° in like 80% of the US right now. How can you design something for a vehicle that can’t be used under 30°….. You're telling me that people up north can’t use a soft top?

Yes, 💯. I was loading up my camping gear, and needed it out of the way. Its below 30° in like 80% of the US right now. How can you design something for a vehicle that can’t be used under 30°….. You're telling me that people up north can’t use a soft top?

If the OEM manual said 41, sounds like Bestop gave us an extra 11 degrees.

But yeah, when I lived in a climate that stayed cold that much of the year, I switched to a hard top for winter, exactly for not breaking plastic windows. The back window is kindof a bummer since it's hard to load the back with that window down, but that's exactly what I do if it's that cold out. Even if I wasn't worried about breakage, I wouldn't want the fight of getting it back together.