My Centramatics got better

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
With 300 -400 miles on my new mud tires I installed centramatics and have been happy with the performance, but still noticed some minor shake at 60 plus mph- at that point they have been ran maybe 350 more miles with the balancers- we left today for a road trip and within 100 miles it smoothed out- after stops,meals, fuel- it just got better and better until it was as smooth at 70 as it had been at 55.

The tech guy said that if you have any irregularity in the tires that they will correct them selves once they run properly balanced...I’ve always thought something could happen like that if things were not too far gone after an alignment or balance - is that a realistic thought process?

Last edited:
I’ve been using them for over a year while running steel wheels and 315x75r16 pattys. I even wheel with them on and they hold up. No complaints, they work great.

I’ve been using them for over a year while running steel wheels and 315x75r16 pattys. I even wheel with them on and they hold up. No complaints, they work great.
It just amazed me- i instantly was impressed when I first installed them but still have enough vibration that I was a little bit hesitant to take off on a long trip- everything getting so much better after a good burn in and just amazed to me and it stayed better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lax22
I read multiple times that even way out of balance tire will balance out eventually just from driving around.
Ever noticed how over time, with consecutive balancing they simply remove weights? So i guess...

Are you just on centramatics, or did you retain balancing weights as well?
My centramatics have been collecting dust for almost 2 years now, bad experience on my end, shook everything so much i thought wheels were gonna fall off. Now that i have new wheels, rubber and alignment, i am thinking to give them another try.

I read multiple times that even way out of balance tire will balance out eventually just from driving around.
Ever noticed how over time, with consecutive balancing they simply remove weights? So i guess...

My centramatics have been collecting dust for almost 2 years now, bad experience on my end, shook everything so much i thought wheels were gonna fall off. Now that i have new wheels, rubber and alignment, i am thinking to give them another try.
I left the store weights on for the macro and let the centramatics do the micro- they concur.

It makes sense that if a good tire can wear bad, a bad tire can wear correctly if caught in time.

I’ve noticed most mud tires for sale on craigslist aren’t worn out, they just got intolerable half way through their life cycle. I can’t imagine the accelerated wear on ball joints and tie rod ends a rough set of 35’s could impart, as an example as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: KcTj

Im running no weights on my wheels.

I doubted mine that had some miles on them. However after discount tire did my latest rotate and “balance” they pulled them calling them “spacers”. It took me a week or so to add them back and I found my shimmy reduced to nothing - so I’m a believer now. I can’t say if they got better over that period, but so far they’re showing their value.

Y'all making me want to spend all me money.
I really believe you get it back in tire life.....they make a lot of difference. My mud tires on beadlocks feel like all terrains.

Reactions: RINC
Well damn, tight fit. Anyone runs them with 15" rim?

PXL_20211027_162224861.jpg

Reactions: 97' 4 Popper
I have just enough room to keep one layer of weights on.
I think we should get someone to run them on the outside of the wheel -call them Centerline Centramatics.

Last edited:
Reactions: tworley
I’m seeing pics of these installed both ways, which way is correct or does it matter as long as they clear?