My Dream LJR

I had to get a whole new toolbox, it is mostly filled with Milwaukee 12v and 18 volt tools. My latest is the 12 volt 5 3/8 inch circular saw. With a Freud blade it cuts through lumber like butter. Small and handy, it actually fit in my baggage when I went to CO to help my sister with some projects around the house.

I had to get a whole new toolbox, it is mostly filled with Milwaukee 12v and 18 volt tools. My latest is the 12 volt 5 3/8 inch circular saw. With a Freud blade it cuts through lumber like butter. Small and handy, it actually fit in my baggage when I went to CO to help my sister with some projects around the house.

Man, I can only imagine the price tag if you filled out the new tool box in one go.

I got lucky and only had a few Dewalt tools before I opted for the Milwaukee lineup instead. My father has quite the collection through Dewalt for wood working and some automotive tools.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Man, I can only imagine the price tag if you filled out the new tool box in one go.

I got lucky and only had a few Dewalt tools before I opted for the Milwaukee lineup instead. My father has quite the collection through Dewalt for wood working and some automotive tools.

My tools are normal purchased over a period of time, usually when I want it for a particular project. Well except for the 18 v router that I have never used and the 18volt grinder that I only used once but could have used something else to do it.

Reactions: Sgt Jarhead
Took some time today to replace the fluid out of the transfer case. Realized I’ve never checked it when I first purchased the rig. The fluid was in great shape but the fill plug was practically seized on there. Ended up having to weld a bolt on before I was able to remove it. I ended up replacing both drain and fill plugs with hex heads instead.

IMG_0050.jpeg

IMG_0051.jpeg

Took some time today to replace the fluid out of the transfer case. Realized I’ve never checked it when I first purchased the rig. The fluid was in great shape but the fill plug was practically seized on there. Ended up having to weld a bolt on before I was able to remove it. I ended up replacing both drain and fill plugs with hex heads instead.

View attachment 484590

View attachment 484591

Aren’t those pipe threads? Where did you get a pipe plug with a hex head?

My tools are normal purchased over a period of time, usually when I want it for a particular project. Well except for the 18 v router that I have never used and the 18volt grinder that I only used once but could have used something else to do it.
That’s exactly how it’s been for me up until this month before I came across these deals. Pretty sure I’ll be taking a small break on tool purchases 😂

Reactions: Wildman
There was a forum member here that mentioned googling a “Doorman M22-1.5” when he replaced his.

I believe the Doorman part # was 090-055, heres a link.

Are you using copper washers? (edit: looks like you have aluminum washers)

Either way, I'd be nervous about mismatching threads in this application (good catch @Mike_H ). You don't want leaks or the case threads to be compromised. I wouldn't assume that the fasteners are under proper tension or will stay that way. And the change interval is something pretty high like 60k miles iirc. Not telling you what to do...but would be remiss if I didn't share my concerns.

There was a forum member here that mentioned googling a “Doorman M22-1.5” when he replaced his.

I believe the Doorman part # was 090-055, heres a link.

That is not a pipe thread. I hope it works out for you. To be totally honest, I don't remember if those drains are pipe thread or not, but I'm pretty sure they are.

Are you using copper washers? (edit: looks like you have aluminum washers)

Either way, I'd be nervous about mismatching threads in this application (good catch @Mike_H ). You don't want leaks or the case threads to be compromised. I wouldn't assume that the fasteners are under proper tension or will stay that way. And the change interval is something pretty high like 60k miles iirc. Not telling you what to do...but would be remiss if I didn't share my concerns.
That is not a pipe thread. I hope it works out for you. To be totally honest, I don't remember if those drains are pipe thread or not, but I'm pretty sure they are.
I recalled it being a felt-type gasket that was included for both of them. The plug itself is suppose to be an Oil Drain Plug for a BMW/Subaru when I was looking for more information.

I appreciate input from the both of you, last thing I’d want is to blow my transfer case. I’ll pay close attention to it moving forward and worst case order a new fill plug.

Reactions: MikeE024
I recalled it being a felt-type gasket that was included for both of them. The plug itself is suppose to be an Oil Drain Plug for a BMW/Subaru when I was looking for more information.

I appreciate input from the both of you, last thing I’d want is to blow my transfer case. I’ll pay close attention to it moving forward and worst case order a new fill plug.

Yeah, if it’s not leaking, run it. That would be the only worry I have, as long as it’s not protruding into something in the case.

Took some time out of the morning installing the DV8 4WD lever and Shifter Knob. I’ll likely end up removing the shifter knob and remove the black anodizing to match the raw/aluminum finish. It was a straight forward installation and ended up finding a few dollars worth change that my youngest had found a way to hide under the 4WD lever 😂. Also threw in the Midland MXT 275 I picked up on sale in November.

I’ve been slowly throwing on the smaller things I’ve had stored away now that I’ve knocked out the turbo. So far the rig has been driving amazing with the Banks Turbo, no leaks even after switching over to 10w30 Synthetic (due to said turbo). All that really remains is a new rear driveshaft and flexing out the rig and ensuring clearance/nothing binding before I can prepare to take her off-road.

IMG_0161.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

IMG_0162.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

IMG_0165.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
Took some time out of the morning installing the DV8 4WD lever and Shifter Knob. I’ll likely end up removing the shifter knob and remove the black anodizing to match the raw/aluminum finish. It was a straight forward installation and ended up finding a few dollars worth change that my youngest had found a way to hide under the 4WD lever 😂. Also threw in the Midland MXT 275 I picked up on sale in November.

I’ve been slowly throwing on the smaller things I’ve had stored away now that I’ve knocked out the turbo. So far the rig has been driving amazing with the Banks Turbo, no leaks even after switching over to 10w30 Synthetic (due to said turbo). All that really remains is a new rear driveshaft and flexing out the rig and ensuring clearance/nothing binding before I can prepare to take her off-road.

View attachment 495838

View attachment 495839

View attachment 495840

View attachment 495841

View attachment 495842

My Midland radio of the same model fits underneath where you have your mic resting. I used Cat 5 and USB C bulkhead connectors to clean it all up.

IMG_9147.JPG

My Midland radio of the same model fits underneath where you have your mic resting. I used Cat 5 and USB C bulkhead connectors to clean it all up.

View attachment 495851

You know, it was a quick solution but I was thinking of better ways to mount it and think you absolutely killed it with yours. I’ll likely copy it. I had plans to mount my mic on my 67 Design mount with similar arms you have once I have another 20mm ball from the company.

You know, it was a quick solution but I was thinking of better ways to mount it and think you absolutely killed it with yours. I’ll likely copy it. I had plans to mount my mic on my 67 Design mount with similar arms you have once I have another 20mm ball from the company.

Thanks. In the picture I have a Bulletpoint mic holder attached to an aluminum passenger grab handle. The handle was a bit of a splurge but I really like it and never even considered it as a mounting point when I bought it.

Got around to addressing a few small issues with the Nemesis Fenders.

I purchased them knowing they only accept Optima Batteries although it’s been well documented their QC has gone down hill. In the meantime, I just ran a small strap to hold my SuperStart AGM battery in place though noted it would slide around a bit.

I realized while messing around with the Nemesis Bracket the stock battery plate/hold down from my original fenders would still work if flipped 180* from how it originally sat. I drilled a few holes to the Nemesis Bracket and with the addition of nutserts, some bolts I had lying around, and multiple mock ups, the battery plate was installed. I had trimmed one side of the battery plate previously attempting a different route that didn’t end up working. I’ll be keeping my eye out for a replacement and just switch them out.

The only “issue” I noted was to reach the bolt that holds the battery in place I would have to run an extension between/through the PCM Harness but given my limited options I accepted it.

I also had to trim the Nemesis Bracket to fit the Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor for my turbo as the bung was already welded on when I had Poison Spyder Hi-Line Fenders on my TJ. I also switched the original dip stick for a silver one from DV8 to go along with the color scheme.

IMG_0217.jpeg

IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0221.jpeg

IMG_0222.jpeg

IMG_0224.jpeg

IMG_0225.jpeg

IMG_0226.jpeg

IMG_0223.jpeg

IMG_0227.jpeg

IMG_0228.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman and PNW_LJ
With the rig set up exactly how I want it ie spring height and Savvy Tummy Tuck, I called in with the measurements and ordered myself a woody Wednesday, February 21st.

Drive Shaft arrived to my doorstep 3 days later, talk about fast shipping!

I threw it on the following day, and with the nice weather in Southern Oregon today I removed the windows, and half doors for some ice cream and a drive around the back roads in Southern Oregon with my boys.

At some point I’ll order a matching front driveshaft but adding an intercooler to my turbo has my attention at the moment once funds come in.

IMG_0268.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0280.jpeg

IMG_0286.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg

Last edited:
With the rig set up exactly how I want it ie spring height and Savvy Tummy Tuck, I called in with the measurements and ordered myself a woody Wednesday, February 21st.

Drive Shaft arrived to my doorstep 3 days later, talk about fast shipping!

I threw it on the following day, and with the nice weather in Southern Oregon today I removed the windows, and half doors for some ice cream and a drive around the back roads in Southern Oregon with my boys.

At some point I’ll order a matching front driveshaft but adding an intercooler to my turbo has my attention at the moment once funds come in.

View attachment 504273

View attachment 504275

View attachment 504277

View attachment 504278

View attachment 504279

Looking good! Love following fellow khaki TJs. Aluminum armor & fenders/flares looks good!

I too went with a Woody's rear DS due to my new UCF TT and threw in a front too - 'while I'm here'. Very happy with the products. Haven't had the chance to test them off-road but they live up to the reputation. I ended up calling in my order and John was super great to deal with to walk through all the measurements and DS features to get what I was looking for.

Reactions: Sgt Jarhead