My Dream LJR

Sold my Poison Spyder Front Bumper a little while ago and while waiting for my replacement aluminum bumper by UCF to arrive I went ahead and installed the PSC Big Bore Steering box and PSC direct replacement steering pump.

I also installed an old set of 6 Infinite Off-Road rock lights from my previous Jeep I had hidden away in the garage. They’re tied into Infinite-Offroads “SPOD”.

View attachment 431337

View attachment 431338

View attachment 431339

View attachment 431347

How much difference do you notice over stock vs psc box now? Debating if thats my next mod

New Revolution 4.88’s gears installed alongside a new ARB Locker by a local shop. 🤟🏽

Also had the time to throw on the UCF Engine Skid Plate.

IMG_9520.jpeg

IMG_9519.jpeg

IMG_9521.jpeg

Some small things done today that I’ve had laying in the garage for a bit.

Replaced the stock Dana 44 front differential cover with the Barnett cover, added the Terraflex hand throttle, and finished it off with throwing the 67 Designs phone mount from my previous TJ.

Have a few aftermarket items already on the rig that may end up getting replaced pending how things pan out… 🤞🏽

IMG_9551.jpeg

IMG_9555.jpeg

IMG_9554.jpeg

Last edited:
Some small things done today that I’ve had laying in the garage for a bit.

Replaced the stock Dana 44 front differential cover with the Barnett cover, added the Terraflex hand throttle, and finished it off with throwing the 67 Designs phone mount from my previous TJ.

Have a few aftermarket items already on the rig that may end up getting replaced pending how things pan out… 🤞🏽

View attachment 458035

View attachment 458036

View attachment 458037

Please let me know how you like the hand throttle as I am thinking about it. Was it easy to install? Which has priority, the hand pedal or foot pedal?

Reactions: Sgt Jarhead
Please let me know how you like the hand throttle as I am thinking about it. Was it easy to install? Which has priority, the hand pedal or foot pedal?

It was pretty straight forward to install even with cruise control. I’ve read a lot of positive feedback from this forum in regards to this product.

Might be a bit before I get the chance to test it out though.

Reactions: Danarch
added the Terraflex hand throttle

View attachment 458036

Great build! Just read through it for the first time to catch up. Great progress and looking forward to watching the rest. Lots of attention to details.

On the hand throttle - looks like you have just the bare cable going down into the shifter boot. You should have a housing around the cable that comes up through the boot and into a small indented area of the hand throttle.

Cable & housing like this:
1694992037304.png

No sure if your housing is just below the boot or not there at all but you should install it and pull it all the way up to the hand throttle through the boot. Let me know and I can grab a pic of my install.

Reactions: Sgt Jarhead
Great build! Just read through it for the first time to catch up. Great progress and looking forward to watching the rest. Lots of attention to details.

On the hand throttle - looks like you have just the bare cable going down into the shifter boot. You should have a housing around the cable that comes up through the boot and into a small indented area of the hand throttle.

Cable & housing like this:
View attachment 458444

No sure if your housing is just below the boot or not there at all but you should install it and pull it all the way up to the hand throttle through the boot. Let me know and I can grab a pic of my install.
Thank you, I appreciate it!

I moved the cable housing the other end of the cable towards the throttle body 😂

Thank you for the tip! I’ll have to move it accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: FarFire70
I was scrolling across Facebook last week when I came across a new Savvy UAM and Engine Skid that’s sat in the sellers shop.

$800 shipped to my door was a deal I couldn’t refuse. Looks like I’ll be swapping/selling my UCF stuff for it and likely make up most of what I spent 🤙🏽

The timing was impecable as I was looking through forums with the thought of adding a crossmember to my rig.

IMG_9613.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you, I appreciate it!

I moved the cable housing the other end of the cable towards the throttle body 😂

Thank you for the tip! I’ll have to move it accordingly.

You'll want the housing to be snugged at both ends. Should contact the hand throttle and the 'exit point' at the throttle mount where the cable then engages the throttle body. This way the cable is protected from snagging & wear through it's entire travel. You may need to pull more through cable through on the throttle body side if the housing isn't snug at both ends.

Few things done over the last two weeks.

Replaced the oil pan gasket with a fel pro to stop an oil leak (all in hopes I wouldn’t have to replace the RMS as well) and so far no leaks after a hundred or so miles! While the oil pan was out I had the bung welded in preparation for the Banks Turbo,

I ended up replacing my Falcon Shocks after coming across a deal for Bilstein 5160 Shocks as the rears were a tad longer/better suited. I ended up using a set of shock reservoir brackets from Gen-Right and attached them to the Nemesis inner fenders. I still need to purchase the brackets for the rear reservoir’s that are planned to be welded onto the frame.

I also replaced the 1” body lift for BMB 1.25” BL also in preparation for the Savvy Skid Plates.

The future plans are to install the Savvy Skid Plates, followed by the Banks Turbo and follow it up with a trip to a local exhaust shop to have it all fit up right!

IMG_9837.jpeg

IMG_9838.jpeg

IMG_9835.jpeg

Few things done over the last two weeks.

Replaced the oil pan gasket with a fel pro to stop an oil leak (all in hopes I wouldn’t have to replace the RMS as well) and so far no leaks after a hundred or so miles! While the oil pan was out I had the bung welded in preparation for the Banks Turbo,

I ended up replacing my Falcon Shocks after coming across a deal for Bilstein 5160 Shocks as the rears were a tad longer/better suited. I ended up using a set of shock reservoir brackets from Gen-Right and attached them to the Nemesis inner fenders. I still need to purchase the brackets for the rear reservoir’s that are planned to be welded onto the frame.

I also replaced the 1” body lift for BMB 1.25” BL also in preparation for the Savvy Skid Plates.

The future plans are to install the Savvy Skid Plates, followed by the Banks Turbo and follow it up with a trip to a local exhaust shop to have it all fit up right!

View attachment 472209

View attachment 472210

View attachment 472211

Nice man! Would you mind adding a 3/4 shot of the rig with the shocks installed? :)

Curious how things go with the pre-turbo exhaust (up-pipe) and engine skid bracket on the passenger side. I’m pretty sure they will interfere with each other as is. I just found my skid in NV storage and will need to tackle that soon.

Last edited:
Inbetween some of the work done to the rig, I’ve been stretching her legs the last 3 weeks while attempting to hunt for the first time. I was preparing to pack my gun in the Jeep bummed out thinking that might be it for the season when I heard a light sound behind me. Sure enough, I spotted a doe followed by a Buck right behind her.

I grabbed my rifle and with a well aimed shot with my suppressed 300 blackout, I walked away with a good looking 3x2 Blacktail.

After gutting it, I noted my shot was placed right through the heart and out the ribs on the other side. I later had my 8 year old son come out and give me a hand cutting up over 30ibs of meat. Was one hell of a rollercoaster ride but well worth it 😂

IMG_9778.jpeg

IMG_9816.jpeg

IMG_9855.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_9844.jpeg

IMG_9848.jpeg

Nice man! Would you mind adding a 3/4 shot of the rig with the shocks installed? :)

Curious how things go with the pre-turbo exhaust (up-pipe) and engine skid bracket on the passenger side. I’m pretty sure they will interfere with each other as is. I just found my skid in NV storage and will need to tackle that soon.

Here’s a few shots of them installed on both sides. I’m a fan of how they look installed onto the inner fender.

As for the pre turbo exhaust it will absolutely have interference. Once the main skid is on I plan on leaving the oil pan skid off until the turbo is installed and bring the engine skid out to the exhaust shop. I’ll have them route it however it needs to be done though will request an exhaust clamp be installed right below the oil pan to make removal of the front end of the exhaust easier for any future work involving the oil pan.

IMG_9947.jpeg

IMG_9948.jpeg

I took the time today to replace the UCF Extra Clearance Skid Plate for the Savvy Skid Plate on my LJR.

Overall it was relatively straight forward. At one point though, I forgot the OEM transmission mount wouldn’t be used and for whatever reason I put it back on… whoops. 😂

I had to MacGyver the crossmember a bit with a ratchet strap and a clamp to align it to the frame mounts. Very glad I installed the crossmember to the driver side first as I didn’t have to worry about working around the fuel, electrical, and airline with said strap and clamp. Getting the proper clearance to the tub took me a bit longer than anticipated though now going seeing what others have warned members about I’m very glad I opted to switch the 1” BL for the 1.25”!

The UCF Extra Clearance Skid Plate gave me approximately 17 3/4” of ground clearance (at a slight decline due to my driveway).

With the Savvy Skid Plate now installed, my ground clearance is now 19 1/4” not to mention I now have a crossmember.

The swap was absolutely worth the added clearance and crossmember.

IMG_9961.jpeg

IMG_9963.jpeg

IMG_9964.jpeg

IMG_9967.jpeg

IMG_9970.jpeg

IMG_9972.jpeg

I left the rock sliders off, and still need exhaust work done where the third cat/muffler meet due to the skid plate. I decided to hold off on both for now as I now have plans to install the Banks Turbo Kit on my LJR next. 🤩

Once the turbo is installed I’ll bring the rig to the exhaust shop to re-route quite a few things due to interference I’ll face from both skid plates from Savvy not to mention maybe purchase an aftermarket muffler to complement said turbo. 😏

Last edited:
Finally underway on one of the most exciting parts to the build- Banks Turbo.

Laid out all the parts this morning and knocked some surface rust off the Banks parts before hitting it with some high temperature paint.

After installing and removing it 3 separate times between ol’ yeller, and now my dream rig I’d say I’ve got the install down pretty well. What’s a few obstacles on the way though right? Good thing I came across a few…

I snapped the torx screw off the map sensor and not long after one of the bolts to the alternator. Thankfully on both occasions I realized the OEM location for the map sensor wouldn’t be used, as well as the OEM alternator bracket. I did need to run to the hardware store to get a new bolt though I had planned to anyways due to realizing I’ve misplaced a few bolts to the kit.

I swapped the fuel rail from an older Wrangler that has the schrader valve unlike the one on my 06’. I added the bigger injectors and wrapped it all using DEI’s heat shield covers. I’ve managed to get the throttle body spacer on with new map sensor, turbo/associated brackets, outlet exhaust pipe, etc.

I’d say I’m 70% there. Tomorrow I’ll be following up with more exhaust work on my end before loading the tune and putting it around the neighborhood before calling in for an appointment to modify the exhaust even further.

IMG_0006.jpeg

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0012.jpeg

Last edited:
While working on my rig, brown Santa came to town early with an order I placed through DV8. While seeing what’s out there for a Shifter Knob for my 6 Speed I noted DV8 had their TJ products on clearance. Never really cared for their products but to pick all this up for under $75 shipped why not? 🤷🏽‍♂️

IMG_0014.jpeg

IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

Last edited:
Dropped off the Jeep this morning to the exhaust shop and just picked her up a moment ago. Sounds so nice having a Turbo back on the 4.0!

I ended up having the exhaust shop remove the third cat and they recommended to fab the passenger side engine skid bracket around the exhaust. I gave the ok, though I’ll be paying attention to the engine skid on future runs, worst case I go back and have them run the exhaust inlet between the brackets. I also requested they keep the exhaust clamps near the oil pan and post turbo to make any future work easier as previously mentioned. @TurboTJ, here’s the set up when we last spoke about it.

On the drive home I did throw an engine light code for a P0016, threw it on my cheap Amazon scanner and noted the camshaft position sensor was off at 15*…whoops. I fiddled with it for about 15 minutes and got it back to 0*-.10*. A few short drives later, the code disappeared on its own. 🙂

I still have to fiddle with a number of small things such as cleaning up the wiring in the engine bay, battery tie down, vacuum reservoir box, add the Banks hood scoop for the Turbo, and at some point down the road add the intercooler though overall I’m very happy where it’s at. 🤟🏽

IMG_0036.jpeg

IMG_0037.jpeg

IMG_0038.jpeg

IMG_0035.jpeg

Last edited:
Taking advantage of the holiday sale through Home Depot I ended up treating myself to a few things such as Milwaukee 1/2” Mid Torque Impact, 3/8 Ratchet, and Grease Gun. I also ended up getting a packout wall mount with two batteries and battery organizer.

That said I realized I’ve inquired a small collection of Milwaukee tools and ran out of room to hold them all in the tool box. The packout wall mounts they sell to hold tools I realize cost quite a bit of money once configured. Quick search through Amazon and found a tool organizer with a built in power strip. It’s nice having all my power tools in one location and complements the look to the rest of the garage.

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0057.jpeg