My New 06 Rubicon

JasonInMass

Ima dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude
Supporting Member
Checking in from MA. Got lucky and found a rust free Rubicon in Maine. It’s from Louisiana, went to Utah, and ended up in Maine. It’s in incredible shape and has some custom frame/suspension work. Funny thing is that I was so excited that the frame and body were rust free, I never noticed that the original control arm brackets were shaved off and relocated. This thing is built for some serious trails. This is our fifth jeep but my first and I can’t wait to dig in and get to know this thing.

A1791B6D-A805-48D8-BDD7-F5AB8BB4E6D1.jpeg

I've never seen that color on a Rubicon. Is the 6th digit of the VIN the number 6?

That is a long arm lift kit.

A Rubicon was built for serious trails when it came down the assembly line. They are possibly the most capable production 4 wheel drive vehicle ever available to the general public.

Nice. Take that top off looks like a nice Labor Day weekend coming up for us in Massachusetts
Hey thanks. I hope to have it registered by this weekend but who knows given the current state of the RMV. I’m also unsure that the lift is going to pass mass state inspection. Hopefully it’s not an issue.
44C4C014-9BEB-48C0-AFE3-0BD1E8E2B29D.jpeg

Normally here (in anal NY) if you can find an old Mom & Pop station to do the inspection they are a lot more tolerant of things like bumpers and lifts. Worst places are like Jiffy Lube or similar chain stores. Find a good local shop and keep with them if you can.
Nice Jeep. I have a black 06TJR and love it!

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good guys and gals here. No question to 'stupid' to ask. Great group of knowledge.

Tires don’t look to be past the fenders so think inspection from that end should be good. Nice pickup.
Yeah, I feel good about that just unsure about the lift. I got it registered today and hope to get it inspected tomorrow.

Cool, jeep green rubi. My lj is jeep green too. Took me years to find a good one in that color with a stick. Congrats

Cool, jeep green rubi. My lj is jeep green too. Took me years to find a good one in that color with a stick. Congrats
Thank you very much. love love love your bronze wheels! On my list for sure. (y)

Thanks. I like the look too, but the backspacing is wrong and they're wide, so tires stick way out. Still not sure what I want to replace them with, but might wind up painting something bronze to keep that going.