My TJ Project

Here, I'll try to post this again... Last time it got moved to its own thread for some reason...
Mods, please don't move this post, these are pictures of the OP's Jeep- I am helping him build this!
It has progressed since I saw it last, @JimT has been killing it on this thing while I'm gone! This was just our triumphant success after WAY too much time taken to remove OEM LCAs.
front MC arms installed.jpg

Sorry @Turk! Didn't realize this was supposed to be part of your Dad's thread... Didn't even realize this was your Dad! Oops

Reactions: VallenMaes
Haha, it's all good- no worries!

I actually joined the forum so I could follow this thread and help him update it! Nice forum by the way!

Thanks, I appreciate it. I moved your post because I thought you were just some random guy who was hijacking his thread, haha!

It happens from time-to-time.

That's understandable, nobody likes a hijacker!

In other news, the wheels and tires were picked up for this project and we are going to dive in again tonight with plenty of extra hands, and maybe even make her a roller again!

wheel and tire for dads jeep.jpg

ignore the blemish on the "B" white letter, this was noticed after mounting and replaced with one that wasn't blemished. The wheels also have center caps.

That's understandable, nobody likes a hijacker!

In other news, the wheels and tires were picked up for this project and we are going to dive in again tonight with plenty of extra hands, and maybe even make her a roller again!

View attachment 6769
ignore the blemish on the "B" white letter, this was noticed after mounting and replaced with one that wasn't blemished. The wheels also have center caps.

That's one sexy looking wheel and tire setup!

Reactions: brown_mule
More progress this weekend!

@JimT got a lot of work done between the last time I was there and this past weekend, and we got a lot done this weekend! Plus, Jeep party!

Front track bar mounts bored out and track bar installed
front complete.jpg

Shocks, brake lines, springs, and sway bar links were done by the time I got there
front side complete.jpg

Rear arms all installed! Rear track bar gave us trouble and the frame side mount is the only thing that stopped this project from being a roller this weekend!
rear arms installed.jpg

Jeep Party!
jeep party.jpg

Looking good! You'll have to let us know how he (or you) likes the ride once it's done.

Good choice on the OME shocks. Love those things!

More progress! We got the new frame side rear track bar bracket welded in, and it looks great! I don't have any pictures, but I think @JimT has some. He's got at least one rear spring and shock in, too! This project is coming along quite well and I think she'll be rolling soon!

SO EXCITED that this thing is a roller again! She has come a LONG way in the last 4 months, and now that she can move under her own power again, we can dial everything in and get this thing in wheeling shape!

Reactions: Chris