My Tornado Fell Out

Mad Mac

Far Northwest Deep East Texas in the Dirty South
My '98 TJ Sahara had at least two previous owners.
Now with 160,000 miles, it's been reliable (knock on wood)
but I decided to check the air filter.

To my surprise, a shiny silver turbine-like cylinder was resting on top of the filter.
It was engraved KI 55 Tornado. https://www.tornadoair.com/

rpRenkBIHi7xiuRarnMoVON4v14pX-umwRedAP=w500-no-tmp.jpg

I'm no automotive engineer, maybe it might do something for a carburetor intake,
but I just don't see how it could help in front of a three foot long air intake
for a fuel injected engine. I did not put it back in.

if ya got the window sticker that goes with it, your looking at an extra 15 hp easy!

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba
Not familiar with that product but, it appears to be a type of 'swirl' device.
On our big Caterpillar powered logging equipment, we have pre-cleaners that swirl the super dusty air and the large particles are separated out before the air hits the primary and secondary air filters. The pre-cleaners are referred to as cyclones. These are cleaned out a couple times a day. Usually 2-3 pounds of dust each time.

Reactions: Zorba
Tornado Gas Saver Air Management System for Fuel Injected Engines is a non-moving turbine shaped device which creates a vortex or swirling effect to the engine. The whirling air moves faster and more efficiently around corners and bends. This results in improved airflow into the engines combustion chamber, causing a more efficient mixture between air and fuel.This facilitates better fuel atomization, resulting in increased gas mileage and power.

Tornado Gas Saver Air Management System for Fuel Injected Engines is a non-moving turbine shaped device which creates a vortex or swirling effect to the engine. The whirling air moves faster and more efficiently around corners and bends. This results in improved airflow into the engines combustion chamber, causing a more efficient mixture between air and fuel.This facilitates better fuel atomization, resulting in increased gas mileage and power.
200.gif

I bought my TJ two weeks ago and ran across one of these while checking it over as well. I guess you could say my first "mod" was deleting this "mod" right into the round file. My second mod was removing the stupid LED headlights, which were complete with awesomely illegal blue "halos". I swear, with almost every Jeep I've ever owned, I spend more time and money un-doing prior owners stupid stuff than I do making useful upgrades.

Send it to me. I’ve got 3.07 axles and need all the help I can get. My Jeep had a Edge Trail jammer computer box thingajig on it when I bought it. Took it off a few years later and couldn’t tell a difference.

I don't think you guys give the tornado enough credit... I mean when I flush my toilet it creates a vortex... So, basically same principle.

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
I don't think you guys give the tornado enough credit... I mean when I flush my toilet it creates a vortex... So, basically same principle.
In high school physics our teacher challenged us to drain a large glass jug full of water, fastest to do it won.

Many people went up and shook it vertically trying to get all the water out.

I went up and shook it and got a vortex going. I drained it in like half the time of everyone else.

Now does air work the same way...