Names for my Jeep

You aircrew on something or a crew chief? I knew one named 'Viper' - couldn't get him to tell me the origin for the life of me. I eventually got it out of another pilot - "Very Idiotic PERson".
No I'm an air traffic controller but we get familiarization flights on occasion. That occasion was in the back seat of an F15 doing ACM stuff with other F15's. And yes, it was as crazy bad a$$ as you would imagine :D

It's a Facebook thing (and I'm not fan).

I usually try to get FB Jeep club people to post their legitimate tech questions on an actual Jeep forum, rather than trusting the mall crawlers

Yep, been through that before.

There's a lot of stupid people on social media, lots of them :LOL:

In this case the OP posted the stupid question here as oppose to the technical one. He's got it the other way around. Post the stupid question on social media ;)

No I'm an air traffic controller but we get familiarization flights on occasion. That occasion was in the back seat of an F15 doing ACM stuff with other F15's. And yes, it was as crazy bad a$$ as you would imagine :D

That is badass dude. I rode along in a 16 years ago - didn't get sick until he gave me the controls. I asked him what I was doing wrong and he said "you just suck, let me fly".

LoL, they didn't let me fly. It wasn't an "incentive flight" which is what most people get as a reward for something. Fam flights are supposed to be so we can see what our "customers" do so we can work together better. When we were doing the ejection seat training they showed us the puke bags and said "If you need these, here they are, but just tell your pilot how much or how little crazy you want and they will make sure you don't get sick---wait, everybody here is doing an incentive flight, right?" I said "I'm doing a fam flight." He said "Oh, they are going to finish the mission no matter what. If you start puking, make sure you keep it all in the bag because you will have to clean up what doesn't. And they will just turn off intercom so they won't have to hear you heaving. Good luck." He had a straight face the whole time. When we were up flying, the other jets in "Cock" flight kept asking Hammer how "Cock 4 (us) dash 2 (me)" was doing thinking I didn't understand them. I finally keyed up after the 5th or 6th time and said "I haven't puked yet and I'm not going to." They all thought that was pretty funny.

I'm not going to go through this whole thread to see if it's already been said:

Jeep names are like nicknames. You can't come up with your own. It finds it's own name, or someone else gives it to you...like in another thread today @Vinman 's rig got named "Crackpipe" after he found one in the floor.

Mine is named Gump because it's "Forest" Green and slow....my wife applied it. It's not a name I would have chosen, which is the point. And there's not a chance in hell I would do like the JK/JL crowd and put that name on the hood with a custom decal.

Reactions: Vinman
Sorry I'm not sorry, and it's not the entire JK/JL crowd, but there are a much higher percentage of those owners that have never owned a Jeep before, never wheel, never turned a wrench, but think they are all of the sudden a bad ass because they spent a pile of money on a JKUR then dropped it off at one of the many new "jeep shops" sprouting up all over to have a lift and tires installed. I know it's a bit dickish, but I usually ignore Jeep waves from JK/JL's unless it looks like they actually play with them.

Reactions: LONGJP2
Where did you get your flight @qslim?

And since this thread was never really ever going to be on the rails to begin with, here is a bad ass video some of the pilots made while I was there:

That's cool as shit. What base?

Had mine at Eglin over the gulf. Not a lot to see, but had a ton of space to screw around with the flight, it was me & a couple of buddies at the same time. We did some formation, went mach, pulled over 8g, did some high speed canopy to canopy passes. Still have my debrief paperwork showing 1.2 hours in a 16. My callsign is listed as Barf. Definitely a career highpoint.

I fell asleep at a stoplight halfway across the base driving home that day when the adrenaline dump hit.

F15's at Kadena and T38's at Sheppard for me. I totally hear ya on how dead you are after. I was in pretty good shape and I was beat afterwards. Squeezing your legs and torso as hard as you can on and off for an hour so you don't pass out is intense. I gained a new respect for fighter pilots. They seriously have the coolest job in the world.

Wow guys. Just because we all have different tastes doesn't mean we have to be dicks. The poor guy was excited for having a Jeep. Hopefully, he'll find some technical info here too. All that matters is that he loves his Jeep and enjoys the great outdoors exploring!

F15's at Kadena and T38's at Sheppard for me. I totally hear ya on how dead you are after. I was in pretty good shape and I was beat afterwards. Squeezing your legs and torso as hard as you can on and off for an hour so you don't pass out is intense. I gained a new respect for fighter pilots. They seriously have the coolest job in the world.
Yeah dude, I was in the best shape of my life at that point. Totally wiped.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Wow guys. Just because we all have different tastes doesn't mean we have to be dicks. The poor guy was excited for having a Jeep. Hopefully, he'll find some technical info here too. All that matters is that he loves his Jeep and enjoys the great outdoors exploring!
Agreed. Who cares if someone wants to name their Jeep. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site, but the price of that knowledge shouldn’t be being treated like crap or as an idiot. Happens too often.
Not sure the ‘About’ section of the forum rings true. “I started Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum to serve as a resource for TJ owners around the world. You'll find everyone here to be friendly, and most importantly, drama free!”
Unless you want to name your Jeep.

Reactions: Artemis
This is all a little light hearted ribbing. If somebody gets their feelings hurt by a thread on the internet about picking a pet name for their Jeep, they should probably stay off the internet. Maybe sell the Jeep and buy a Miata as well ;)

I don’t think anyone was a “dick”.

now if someone call him a pussy and told him to FOAD, I’d agree.

Hell if the OP came back with “Hey those are funny!” And could take a joke, he’d fit right in here. I haven’t seen anyone be a “dick” on this site yet. Sheesh.

• Haha
Reactions: Hog and reddvltj