Nashville TJ's Build - Continued

For anyone interested, I've taken up a new hobby - sewing.

:oops:

No, not quilts and doilies, heavy stuff like canvas bags and tool rolls.

Here is the thread:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/taking-up-sewing-need-advice.70906/

And here is my first project which I described in that thread. It's a scaled down prototype for a pair of bags I'm planning to do to transport my half doors. It's a lot of fun.

View attachment 431940

The ability to fabricate with fabric is useful for a lot more than just clothes...

In your usual fashion, this looks great. Reminds me of a Swiss laptop bag I got from my dad when I went to college.

For anyone interested, I've taken up a new hobby - sewing.

:oops:

No, not quilts and doilies, heavy stuff like canvas bags and tool rolls.

Here is the thread:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/taking-up-sewing-need-advice.70906/

And here is my first project which I described in that thread. It's a scaled down prototype for a pair of bags I'm planning to do to transport my half doors. It's a lot of fun.

View attachment 431940

Wow, for a first project, that turned out GREAT! Nice work!

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Wow, for a first project, that turned out GREAT! Nice work!

Thank You.

The ability to fabricate with fabric is useful for a lot more than just clothes...

In your usual fashion, this looks great. Reminds me of a Swiss laptop bag I got from my dad when I went to college.

And thank you.

FB_IMG_1686795274670.jpg

Well, I think I found another casualty of the Moab Flop. Over the last week or so I've noticed a few drops of oil under the passenger side front. I've looked a few times but could not find the source. The oil was amber colored, and I though it may be the shock reservoir leaking. I dug deeper into it today and I think I found the source - the A/C accumulator / dryer which is mounted in the front. Turns out the fluid was PAG oil.

IMG_5445.JPG

I pulled the accumulator, and the bottom had a bit of that same fluid on it. When I wiped it off, I saw this little circular crack in the bottom.

IMG_5444.JPG

Sure enough, I started it up and turned on the A/C and the compressor was short cycling, pretty much confirming that I'd lost the freon charge.

I guess @mrblaine and I are going to be sharing a cell (a joke related to another thread today) 🙂.

Related to the flop? Not sure, but when the grille moved the accumulator was pressed between the shock reservoir and the grille. The reservoir left a bit of a ding which you can see at the 12 o'clock location. Either way, a replacement is on the way.

Well, it's that time of year again. My Adventure Bike Crew is heading out for another big trip. Tomorrow we are loading up the trailers and hitting the road 1500 miles Northwest to run the Wyoming BDR (Back Country Discovery Route). The route starts at the Colorado / Wyoming border, and switchbacks up the middle of Wyoming all the way to the Montana border - a bit over 1,000 miles off-road. Then we turn around and head back to the start via (mostly) paved roads. We will be in the saddle for about 1,500 miles.

IMG_5482.JPG

The Wyoming BDR is pretty remote - and yes, we are doing it during the hottest average world temperatures on record. That said - section two of the BDR is still closed for snow. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Nine bikes going this time, and once again I'm taking my smaller T7 - which is a great bike for this kind of run. If anyone is interested, I always document these trips on Instagram. You can follow me at jeff_doster. @Zorba always posts cool responses to my posts... ;)

Always a good time. Most of my buddies on these trips are from South Africa - so expect to pick up a little Afrikaans...

Well, it's that time of year again. My Adventure Bike Crew is heading out for another big trip. Tomorrow we are loading up the trailers and hitting the road 1500 miles Northwest to run the Wyoming BDR (Back Country Discovery Route). The route starts at the Colorado / Wyoming border, and switchbacks up the middle of Wyoming all the way to the Montana border - a bit over 1,000 miles off-road. Then we turn around and head back to the start via (mostly) paved roads. We will be in the saddle for about 1,500 miles.

View attachment 441974

The Wyoming BDR is pretty remote - and yes, we are doing it during the hottest average world temperatures on record. That said - section two of the BDR is still closed for snow. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Nine bikes going this time, and once again I'm taking my smaller T7 - which is a great bike for this kind of run. If anyone is interested, I always document these trips on Instagram. You can follow me at jeff_doster. @Zorba always posts cool responses to my posts... ;)

Always a good time. Most of my buddies on these trips are from South Africa - so expect to pick up a little Afrikaans...

Oh heck yea, always cool to see the other interests of our forum members.

We did the WA portion of the BDR last year and it was awesome, hope to do the newly opened Oregon portion later this year before the snow comes in.

Keep us posted!

- Maxim

Right - considering I have instatwat blocked at my firewall...

But more seriously, have a good ride. Be safe - lotsa cagers gunning for you!

This is awesome! Good luck on your trip!
Gues I will have to sign up for Instagram.
I am "hoping" to get to Wyoming with my TJ someday!

Reactions: Wildman and RINC
So I’m in the middle of Nowhere, WY, a hundred miles from the closest civilization, at a hotel built in the 1800’s - and I open the bathroom door to see this!

View attachment 443949

Damn you @John Cooper !

I was worried that the package would arrive to late with all the UPS strike talks!!!!!!

Your welcome :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: