Need help deciding on soft top

Bode

I have been looking at getting a soft top ever since I got my Jeep because it has a factory hard too and it’s all busted up. The issue is I don’t want to break the bank too bad and am looking for about a 600-700 dollar top. I’ve found options that cost less like getting less hardware pieces and getting frameless but I’m worried that the quality might be too bad. But then I also look at new kits that included hardware and look good but those are 800-1000 dollars. So if anyone has any recommendations they would be much appreciated.

I just replaced my soft top with another new one from Sierra Offroad via Amazon for $200 after losing my rear window.

They appear to be wrapped in the EXACT same shipping as some models @ Bestop. I sat and watched videos to confirm before ordering

The sailcloth is the one I got, and its very good
Im sure others will say spend $1800 but IMHO you dont need to

Reactions: JoseA
I just replaced my soft top with another new one from Sierra Offroad via Amazon for $200 after losing my rear window.

They appear to be wrapped in the EXACT same shipping as some models @ Bestop. I sat and watched videos to confirm before ordering

Ok I will look into that, the thing is I also need the hardware because I’m going from hard top to soft top.

Ok I will look into that, the thing is I also need the hardware because I’m going from hard top to soft top.

I’m in the same bat as you.. I’ve got a hardtop and no soft top hardware… your only options are to find someone who will part with there complete Oem soft top hardware $400, then you can get a good sailcloth top for $150 - 200 or buy a complete Oem soft top with hardware… 800 - 1000… your other option is to go frameless, you’ll need header channel, door surround, tailgate bar, then you can get a top for around $400 or you buy a complete frameless top for $800… the frameless Parts alone are around $400… now you know why people sell their hardtops to buy a soft top…

Hardware is usually easy to find on Facebook.

Hardware has been a bitch for me to find… I’ve got the header channel and I’ve found a set of surrounds for $100 but for the life of me I can’t find the tailgate bar… as far as Oem bow hardware nada!

I purchased a Sierra soft top several months ago and did not notice they sell a Sailcloth version. Is that new? I wish I had known they had that, I would have gone for their Sailcloth version instead.

Ive had my sierra for a couple of months and I honestly like it let alone at that price point. Win win for me

IMG_8883.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CreepinDeth
killer deal! even if it lasts 1/4 of a bestop still ahead

I was rocking a 1 year old Smitty built top when I saw this one… Bought this one and turned around and sold the Smitty built one for $200… Lol… 10 times better quality than a Smittybuilt, and extremely quiet!

Reactions: JoseA
The rampage is not a bad frameless set up for the price

I’m in the same bat as you.. I’ve got a hardtop and no soft top hardware… your only options are to find someone who will part with there complete Oem soft top hardware $400, then you can get a good sailcloth top for $150 - 200 or buy a complete Oem soft top with hardware… 800 - 1000… your other option is to go frameless, you’ll need header channel, door surround, tailgate bar, then you can get a top for around $400 or you buy a complete frameless top for $800… the frameless Parts alone are around $400… now you know why people sell their hardtops to buy a soft top…

Well, I priced out a frameless set up with a rampage top and it was about 550. I really don’t want to sell my hard top because I will be driving this in the winter(plus I don’t think it would sell for much) I just question is it worth it to try to get a framed one, I know it would be if I can find the hardware for the right price.