New battery, new alternator, still having problems

I checked all the injectors and they all came back with a reading of around 13 ohms. Not one was way out of that particular range.

When the car is running, the voltsmeter are at 11.80v. Which is less than 12v, because the car is running off the battery.

The alternator isn't getting a charge at all. I don't want to buy an ECU off the bat. We are going to look for the wiring diagram for an alternator connector(socket). Trying to trace the green wire to find the short somewhere. We have been thinking of buying the socket and replacing it but wonder if the short goes all the way up to the ECU or one of its connectors given the misfire we are getting as well.

My bf also wants to reset the ECU after we test everything to see if that will help the situation.

Thanks for the clarification, I think that is a solid plan.

About your injectors. you need to measure that they are getting the impulses when they are supposed to. It looks like you have a few things to work though, but i think you guys are doing good, just keep checking things out, and and asking questions. I think a wiring diagram is indeed the way to go.

Hey guys! I have an update for you guys. I fixed my Jeep. I did extensive research on whether or not the PCM/ECM/ECU, not sure what the acronym is, was failing or if it was the socket connector for the alternator or the fuel injectors. I found this awesome link

http://www.ecudoctors.com/ecu-fault.html

It helped me decide what step I wanted to take next. I definitely did not want to chase a wire to find a short unless I really had to. So I decided that I would inspect the computer and the 3 plugs to see if there is any damage that is visible. I would like to mention, even if I did find damage, I would performed a hard reset before opening the computer. That being said, I did see a pin that looked burned on the white plug. I couldn't get a read with a 12v light multimeter.. So I proceeded with the hard reset. I found great instructions on how to do that for my Tj on this forum.
After I did the hard reset, my Jeep was up and running. The connection between the alternator and battery was reestablished, 14v when idle. The idle was so smoothe. The car dis not stall at all. I followed reconditioning steps and let it run for a good 30mns before turning it off. I'll attach pictures of everything.

I want to thank all of you for taking time to help me out through this process.

20180328_193845.jpg

20180328_193913.jpg

20180328_191252.jpg

20180328_191306.jpg

Screenshot_20180328-183810.png

Reactions: Fouledplugs
for future reference. dont do this, i removed the fender, put new one on, put in new used battery platform, got it all together. wouldnt start but would turn over. looked around, i had unplugged the wire terminal packs behind the battery on the fire wall, but forgot to plug them all back in. :)