New from TN

Haha awesome. Tell him yours is better than his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I have and made sure to let him know that I paid less than half what he did.

Thats a good jeep. Make sure you replace the OPDA with the crown automotive replacement. 05-06 have a faulty one from the factory that will fail and destroy your engine.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
That repair is definitely on the short list. I found a diamond in the rough on this buy. It was garage kept by the guy I bought it from with only 67k miles. You'd be hard pressed to find rust under this Jeep. This is my dd for at least the next year and I have a 20 mile interstate ride every 3 days. Heading to Firestone this week to buy a lifetime alignment for it. After that I'll address the ODPA and fuel overflow. Oh and try to keep the wife happy considering how much time I've spend with my new Jeep during this holiday season lol

Oh and try to keep the wife happy considering how much time I've spend with my new Jeep during this holiday season lol

I hear you there. With my wife it's the TJ and this forum... I spend too much time with both of them she says, haha.

Also thanks to everyone for the complements... here's what she looked like the day I picked her up.

114FFFAC-38AA-4CC8-9260-6A9C195485C6.jpg

If anyone is looking for some light covers or a bug shield I can get you a screaming deal! Lol

Thanks again. Found it on eBay for sale by owner about 100 miles from home. It hadn't hit reserve so I messaged him and worked out a deal. Been looking for a TJ for a while and have driven a few, none of which were even close to this one as far as condition. Sorry to drag on... I could talk about it all night.. just ask my wife lol

Reactions: UpperMI and Kyle_W
Very nice LJ, indeed. Great find. I know that a lot of folks are not real fond of the tube-type bumpers and side protection, but I have never thought they looked bad myself; I had a similar setup on a previously owned Rubicon, put on by the PO:
IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Not quite sure why I don't still own that Rubi, but that's another story...

Edit: in thinking back, I remember why I sold it...

I think your LJ looks quite classy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
@glwood Thanks man!
That is an eerily similar setup.. nice. The PO did pretty much all the work on mine. I don't love the tubes but do like them as a package. Having two young children I knew that buying a Jeep and dropping 5k or more on it right away was out of the question(gotta keep the boss happy). I kept my search mostly to Jeeps with at least a lift and wheels.

Very nice LJ, indeed. Great find. I know that a lot of folks are not real fond of the tube-type bumpers and side protection, but I have never thought they looked bad myself; I had a similar setup on a previously owned Rubicon, put on by the PO:
View attachment 8773
View attachment 8774
View attachment 8775

Good lord that's nice!

View attachment 8773
View attachment 8774
View attachment 8775

Why on earth did you get rid of that! I'm sure there are a lot of reasons (most of them not good) but man that must have been hard to part with.

Why on earth did you get rid of that! I'm sure there are a lot of reasons (most of them not good) but man that must have been hard to part with.
Long story. That's the Rubi that I traded my '07 Rubicon for. They gave me the '06 yellow TJ with 30k miles & $2500.00, which I used for some upgrades. The only thing I did to to that while I owned it was the Spiderwebshade, 285/75/16 Cooper A/T3 tires, seat risers, and IIRC, some replacement soft top windows.

Why did I let it go? It was a case of one of those Jeeps that was lifted by the PO, and not necessarily done the right way. It had a 4" Fabtech lift, and I started to experience some issues with that, plus the 6-spd manual transmission developed some problems. I decided to sell it (sold it and my wife's Rav4 to Carmax for a late-model Honda Civic) and look for a stock Rubicon. I know the photos show what appears to be a really nice Jeep, and it was for the most part, but the good looks don't always tell the whole story. I learned a lot through buying that Rubicon. I was in too much of a hurry to get back into a TJ at that point in time. You should see the next one I had (not the current one)...THAT's the one I should still be driving...none of them compare to my current find, though.