New member about to buy a jeep.

Also, how is the underside, hopefully no rust?

And I'm assuming the paint job isn't complete? Meaning under the hood is a different color.

20161019_180050.jpg
Success!! Doors are off! Engine bay is the same color, it does have lockers. Wheels and tires are not original. There is a little surface rust in some spots but nothing major at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Serbonze and Chris
Wow... it looks like they did a pretty good paint job there... Not bad at all!

From what I can tell it looks like this is a solid buy. Really like the color too.

Reactions: Joprince911
Congrats! Hope it's a real Rubicon! (Fender flares and wheels show it is) Let the mods begin!!!

It took two of us to get my doors off. The previous owners really missed out!

Thank you!!! It's definitely a Rubicon, PB blaster and a 2 1/2 lb mini sledge got the doors off PDQ! Yes I'm already seeing the build in my head, now that I have the rig the heat is on!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron505 and Chris
Wow, not bad at all! That's a great deal.

Thank you, I was able to wiggle the dealer down about 800 bucks!! I am really loving the ride, the deal and the support and advice from this community, the information and guidance thus far has been invaluable in this jeep buying adventure.

Reactions: Ron505
Went for the first ride with no doors and WOW It was awesome, even my girl friend was enjoying it, but it was awkward without side mirrors.

Reactions: Chris
Wow, that's a great deal for a rubicon in Raleigh! The thing is, private parties are pretty much asking the same as dealers. But with dealers you can use the blue book to haggle. It took me 2 years until I finally checked a dealer. With the help of the salesperson I got a great deal. You should be able to check the door plate for the factory color, could it have been ordered that way?

Congratulations!

Reactions: Joprince911
Wow, that's a great deal for a rubicon in Raleigh! The thing is, private parties are pretty much asking the same as dealers. But with dealers you can use the blue book to haggle. It took me 2 years until I finally checked a dealer. With the help of the salesperson I got a great deal. You should be able to check the door plate for the factory color, could it have been ordered that way?

Congratulations!

Thanks Jeeper! I'm very happy with the deal I got. You are absolutely right, I was pulling my hair out dealing with private sellers. I'm going to check the data plate today to see about that color. I have an appointment Monday at paint shop to see how much a re-do in the same color will be as it has totally grown on me. Thanks again man

Congratulations!

Hey man, I checked the VIN and the color code is PW1 which comes up as stone white. I guess that answers that!!

These pics are weird. It looks beige in the first picture, but looks white to me in the picture with the doors off.